3 apps, little Downloads... what to do ?

Hi,

I have released about 3 apps ( you can see them here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=GL+Live+Wallpapers )

My concurrents easily make 100K+ downloads. I don’t know what to do to get more download.

I just joined Facebook groups to promote my apps. Will it be enough ?

I am looking for some extra income, so I want to know how to get more DLs :confused:

some ways to try

1. Post on reddit/quora
  2. get some installs from App2top or facebook ad campaigns/ adword (bid as low as 0.03 usd per click or 0.1 per install though, probably a few dozens per day)
  3. ask all your facebook friends (likely a few hundred) to download and lie to them that you will treat them a meal someday if they do :wink:

Doing this will get some exposure to my apps ? Then downloads will come organically or do I have to promote my apps on the long run ?

of coz organically.

I know you are pushing your ref code aroubd, but the deal with app2top is they have very few country viable for burst campaign.

Heck if you want to focus India, you have a max of 20 installs.

facebook ad campaigns/ admob / adwords

I published 5games, now performing not bad, and I have faith they will reach more users. Maybe you can contact me, we can work together on your apps. I am very much interested. Find me on facebook : MiitooMobile

Here are some methods to attract people to download your app,details as follow:

App icon reflects the core functionality
When users find the recommended page rankings in search results, the application icon often catches their eye in first sight. And if the core functionality of the product icon can tell the user its main purpose which will be able to seize the target users’ attention in just a few seconds more to attract them for information applications. If the user is willing to spend time in understanding information on the application , it may take a step forward to downloading it.

App name shows main purpose
Once users see the application name, they know its function which will be more conducive to driving target users to learn more about the app or download apps. When selecting a name for an app, we should obey the following rules: simple, understandable, and prominent brand.

Focus on the first 3 lines description
When users view the application details page, most people can only see the top two or three lines of description. Therefore, the first 3 lines description should reflect the target users’ needs, and fully explain the features of your app. It aims at seizing the attention of users and attracting them to download app directly.

Display the best screenshots on the front
Display the screenshots which are most attractive and most represents the application in the front. So the targeted users will be able to see them at the first glance, but also very beneficial to drive the user to download.

Besides those methods to attract users to download your app, here are some ways to promote your app:

Social media
Besides facebook, you can also promote your app on other platforms of social media, such as twitter, google+, linkedin, periscope, and YouTube.

Forums
You can write an article to introduce your app, highlight the features of your app, insert some app screenshots in the post, then post on some relevant forums.

App store optimization
App store optimization is the process of optimizing your app so that your app ranks higher than before and becomes more visible to users. You can optimize your app from the following aspects: keywords, icon, title, description, screenshots. If you are not a master in this field, you can choose a professional app store optimization company to do the job, like [b]ASOTOP1[/b].

Submit your App to App Review Websites
App review websites can do more to promote mobile apps in one day than you can do in months. Be sure to study their requirements for inclusion and pitch them carefully. If you are accepted it will be well worth the time that you spent seeking it.

Get positive review and high ratings
A positive review often relates to increased app downloads. Users will be convinced when they see your app have gained many positive reviews from your former or existing users and choose your app. You can guide your users to leave positive reviews on your app. Of course, if your budget is enough,you can get reviews from third parties.

Cross promotion
You can also exchange downloads and reviews with other develpoers.

Hope those methods are useful to you.