10,000 full screen interstitials per day, what shouldI be earning?

I’m still seeing the Leadbolt Yes/No dialog as well on my apps. I’d actually prefer it wasn’t there and users immediately see the list to choose from.

Hi everyone,

David,

I’d like to know which method of “forcing users to see AppWall” or “open AppWall when they clicked button” give you best revenue (not eCPM)?
Sorry for my poor English.

Thanks,

I use two different approaches for the App Wall:
1.) Display an full-screen activity which says “Want more features? Click here to support this app.” which links to the App Wall.
2.) Display the App Wall directly.

At this stage I don’t actually have any metrics to say which one performs best. They’re both using the same App ID, but in the next update I’ll split these into separate units so I’ll be able to collect some metrics there. The main reason for using these two different approaches was to provide some variety. So the user isn’t always seeing the app wall and getting used to it.

Third is the “More Apps” link directly on the main screen of your game etc. - perhaps use a different URL (i.e. create a new AppWall ad) for this also - that way can monitor which variety of appwall presentation does better.

I also thought another interesting use of the URL feature of Leadbolt ads - maybe to create 3 AppWall ads for an app - but in your app present URL1 for day1 users, URL2 for day2 users and so on.

This way one could see how the user conversion ratio fares over time.

If one finds that it goes down a LOT (i.e. jaded users using app on 5th day RARELY click on the appwall) - then one COULD stop showing that appwall after day 5 or something (if it is ineffective).

Or a more graceful approach - give “coins” for returning users (or as many apps do if you return “next day” i.e. consecutive days you get coins) - this will increase user retention somewhat (or increase user return and may cut on attrition somewhat) - and when coins awarded reaches 100 then the appwall ads go away etc. (or the app become totally free - or appwall presentation is very rare).

Anyway just an idea which may have some value.

Joe at GetJar:

You will need to enable e-mail notification of private messages to receive e-mail alerts - I’ve commented a bit more in a private message on GetJar issues and improvements in SDK3.2.

For e-mail notification of updates to this thread you may need to enable it (if not currently enabled):
at the top - click on Quick Links - Subscribed Threads - check the threads that are “None” - click on “Selected Threads” - “Instantly via e-mail”.

David:

I think compared to the old forum, the new forum does not seem to have an obvious alert-via-email checkbox (not in the quick reply - it IS available in Advanced Reply).

The Yes/No maybe missing from the Leadbolt AppWall HTML ad if there are only 2 apps on offer - as currently only 2 apps were showing in my location. So perhaps with just 2 options, they don’t show the Yes/No (?).

It seem they’re running out of advertisers, I see only 3 apps offer for several days.
I worry that I have to change to another Ad Network soon:(

I’ve now enabled “email alert for private messages” as a default for all users. You can still switch it off under your Settings menu though.

Under Settings > My Account > General Settings, there is an option “Default Thread Subscription Mode” which you can use to enable email notifications for all your subscribed threads automatically.

Under Settings > My Account > General Settings, there is an option “Default Thread Subscription Mode” which you can use to enable email notifications for all your subscribed threads automatically.

Thanks.

In the past I found Tapjoy to be very effective, but it only really works if you’re going to reward the user. AppBrain is another network which offers good fill rates, and pretty consistent performance. SendDroid seems to be around the $15-$20 mark that you’re getting for 10k impressions (using a dialog ad, not full screen though).

David:

AppBrain AppWall pays $0.18 or so per app install (it may be lower these days). In terms of clicks it works out to about (since AppBrain gives - and has ability to monitor since it is an SDK and not just a WebView like Leadbolt - the clicks as well as the installs) 3x to 4x as many clicks being required (so if you want per-click comparison with Leadbolt you would divide $0.18 by 3 or 4 or some such number).

Leadbolt AppWall is paying $0.03 per click (seems to be click based and not app install based) - their appwall says to download the app.

Can you give a ballpark figure for what type of per-install revenue one can get with Tapjoy ? Is it comparable to AppBrain/Leadbolt or is much more ? It seems the highest moetizing apps are able to pay $1 or more per install - so the question is - is Tapjoy passing on more of that revenue i.e. larger than $0.18 per install and closer to $1 per install ?

I understand that Tapjoy would work better for unlocking content i.e. like CoinDozer you run out of coins and the app offers you a “Free” way to get coins via Tapjoy etc.

The question I am mulling is with GetJar (where most apps earn you 10 coins to 15 coins) - the revenue per app install is $0.009 x 10 (i.e. nearly 10c) and $0.009 x 15 (i.e. nearly 15cents) - whether there is more revenue per user effort with GetJar or with Tapjoy. I have a feeling Tapjoy may offer more than 10c or 15c per app install (that GetJar does).

This is relevant because if you want to charge $1 or so for something - on GetJar you have to ask the user to download 8 to 10 games - which seems like much - when there are apps out there which are willing to pay $1 and above for an app install.

How many active installs are bringing you that many impressions?

Hello everyone,

This is Ebrahim from Vserv.mobi and i handle the Developer Alliances for Vserv.mobi. Recently there have been extensive discussions/debates regarding the new Google policies affecting icon and push ads for a lot of developers. I feel the policy confirms the belief that “Apps” are important than “Ads” and not the other way round.
We have been complying with Google Policies even before they were publicly released, and we believe that the most important thing for a Developer is the UI and UX of his app before he talks about monetisation. I feel extremely proud when i say that NONE of the 10,000+ apps that use Vserv as their monetisation partner were affected and what makes me happier is when they compliment us of being innovative and thoughtful towards our format of ads with CTR’s of 10% and eCPM’s of $3-5.
Would encourage each one of you to focus on your mission of building great apps :slight_smile: Would love to talk monetisation as well and feel free to write to me at ebrahim.p[at]vserv.mobi
Our success stories : Developer Of The Week

Regards.

I agree that they are very responsive. But whenever I had a problem they told me they’d solve it and it took weeks to months and then still nothing happened.
With vserv I don’t get revenue (~21$ for ~374.000 requests), so i suggest you take another ad provider…

Can any one take a look at my thread and reply me.
Here is the link,

http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/advertising-networks/2640-please-help-me-my-earning-reports-suggest-me-good-ad-networks.html#post20417

• 10.000 impressions per day
  • 120 $

If you earn less then i suggest you Appodeal.com

Can you send any screen with confirmation of these numbers ?

Best Regards

That’s 12 eCPM. I HIGHLY doubt there is a network that has this.

He can’t. If you check his activity history, his all posts are about Appodeal. There was another guy doing same thing, it seems Appodeal is spamming the forum.
PS: I am new here, I was looking for a new ad network to replace admob and I spent hours reading older posts and realized what these Appodeal guys doing. Still could not decided the ad networks though :frowning:

Dude 2.50 eCPM rates are awesome im getting 19 cents with mobilecore they suck now, Im changing all my stuff to airpush bundle1 right now and getting good results, plus i get more impressions with them as well. The new video 360 abstract banners are awesome short videos like 10 seconds and you get paid on impression of the video there is no need for user to click since it is like a commercial on TV.

360 abstract banner from airpush?