How To Root Android - Flash Root Binary In TWRP recovery

custom recovery.jpg

If you are aware of Android rooting, you may know that there are two universal methods to root your Android device. Perhaps you may not know about them technically. But for sure, you know them as One-click method and the PC method although you are not aware of the technical process of behind them. Let’s find out what is going behind the scene.

Android Rooting and Rooting Techniques

Android is based on a modified version of Linux kernel and in Linux, the root is the account that has permission to access all files and commands. Generally, Android users do not have permission to access this account and even they cannot see the files in root account without using a dedicated file explorer to explore the root account. Since root access gives you the full authority to access all the files and commands, you can change your Android device using relevant apps and commands. There are two universal methods to root any Android device as one-click rooting and flashing root binaries. Flashing root binaries is the professional method to root any Android device and it needs a custom recovery to be installed on your device as stock recovery does not provide the ability to flash files

How To Install TWRP recovery Image On Your Android

TWRP custom recovery image which is developed by Team Win is the most popular third party custom recovery by now.

[ul]
[li]Download and Install USB drivers and reboot your computer
[/li][li]Visit the official TWRP website and download the custom recovery image for your device on your computer
[/li][li]Enable USB debugging mode on your Android
[/li][li]Install ADB and Fastboot drivers using 15 second ADB installer on your computer from XDA and install ADB and Fastboot
[/li][li]Next, open the folder which you have downloaded TWRP recovery image
[/li][li]Use Shift + Right-click on any white empty area in the folder and open a command Window
[/li][li]Next, connect your Android to the computer
[/li][li]Type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter to boot your device into bootloader mode
[/li][li]Tap on “Allow USB Debugging Mode” on the Android
[/li][li]Then, type fastboot flash recovery and type the name of your recovery file ending in .img
[/li][li]When flashing done, type fastboot reboot command to boot your device
[/li][/ul]

Now, you have replaced your stock recovery with custom recovery and you can perform lots of valuable features such as NANDroid backups, recovery backup/restore, flashing files, and many more things.

Note: If you are Samsung Galaxy user, check How to Root Android (Samsung Galaxy/Note Complete Guide)

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Do I need to back up my phone and SD card data before rooting the device?

Before you root your smartphone, you better save all your important data to your PC. From a smartphone and from an SD card too. I had problems with the memory card, on which all the files were missing after root, but I restored them using Uneraser. Although I was able to recover only 80% of the data.