"Rebound" just went over 50K

Not that this is a big deal to some of you, but it is a milestone for me.

My little game called “Rebound” just went over 50K total installs. Seeing 50,000-100,000 installs on the Market page is kinda cool.

I am targeting more little games like this with cross promotion between them. Gonna try to do 10+ this year.

Next on list is Caveman Pool. I have a couple weeks work into it and about a week left before release. That pace will give me 15 games or so by year end.

FYI, Caveman Pool is looking great. If anyone wants to try it out before release (beta test) let me know.

Later.

Congratulations! That’s a great milestone to pass, and 50,000 installs does look very impressive. Only one of my apps (Fake iPhone 4S) has ever gone past that figure. What are your active installs looking like?

Hope that strategy of many small apps works well for you. From my research lately, that seems like the best option for an independent developer.

Congratulations. I would love to get up to 50k installs.

Thanks.

Rebound - 50K Installs / 10K Net.
Tap Crazy - 19K Installs/ 3.5K Net.
Lava Ball - 37K Installs/ 2.8K Net.

Nice game. I am new to Android, and I have a question.
Where can I get cool backgrounds like the one you used in your app? Is there stock libraries or free sources where I can find these images?

Thx.

Congratulations - I am already happy to have passed 1k downloads, but it’s been rather expensive for me :(. I hope you’re doing well in the future as well!

Thanks.

I did all of those textures myself, pixel for pixel. Just kidding.

Do a web search for free textures. I am sure you have done this and were frustrated. You need to just be persistent in your search. You are looking for textures that are both free and royalty free. You need to read the license stuff and comply.

In the particular case of these textures, they come from a company that has a texture making application. They are free for personal use, free/royalty free for commercial use if you give credit, or free/royalty free for commercial use if you own their software. I can use them because of the latter.

Regards