Startapp Account Banned Without any reason - MASS BAN?

@StartAppShir - Can you explain why my account was banned? I saw on this forum that a lot of people have such problems. You banned my account without a reason.
My app was detecting NFC connections in background and when it detects other device - it opens an activity. In this activity I had ads. And that is a purpose of banning my account.

RECOMMEND YOU - DO NOT USE STARTAPP ANYMORE! ECPM IS LOW AND THEY ARE BANNING A LOT OF ACCOUNTS CURRENTLY - JUST SAW OTHER THREADS ON THIS FORUM!!!

Oh Yeah… StartApp is bull shit

@StartAppShir is a liar! Their company is bullshit! Firstly they said to me that my account was banned because one app does not have url link (although it was correctly added). Then they said to me that my app shows ads out of app. Which is not true. My app is a tool which detects connected devices and when it’s done - it opens the main activity. User clearly knows that this is a part of functionality. And @StartAppShir said that it violates their rules. I think it’s just a purpose to grab my over 2k$ of payment for last month.

DO NOT USE STARTAPP! THEY BLOCK ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY REASON AND WILL NOT PAY YOU AFTER THAT!

They don’t want to pay me for other apps at all.

Guys, currently I am waiting for the response from head of support. I hope everything will ends good, but I currently I can not say anything :frowning:

Yes, they are totally bullshit. My account is banned with unpaid thousand dollars 2 years ago

Hope everything will end good for you!

Currentlly they are thinking about reinstating my aco**** without one app, but still I don’t know the result. Support responds very slowly

how it ended?

how it ended? I am curious because I use Startapp, too.

They didn’t respond me for lat 7 days, support is dead and my account is still banned… They are telling you that they are thinking about reinstating but in fact they are just playing on time and loosing your money and also time.

startapp is bullshit. ecpm so slow

Last email from CARMI SHOR was exactly 9 days ago:
"I’m waiting for my supervisor reply in order to proceed.

I hope we can finalize this issue until Monday,

Thanks so much for your patience in the meanwhile!"

We were talking about monday a week ago. Still no reply from them. I sent few tickets and no response
@startapp @StartAppShir @ShirStartapp

It’s true that not responding for such a long time is not professional…

EVERYONE - I ADVICE YOU TO NOT USE STARTAPP! FINALLY THEY BANNED MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY REASON (THEY WERE SEARCHING FOR ONE, BUT NOT FOUND ANYTHING). AND THEY TOOK MINE OVER 2000$. THEY ARE SCAM! THEY DO NOT RESPOND ON SUPPORT TICKET, THEY HAVE DEVS IN DEEP ASS.

DO NOT USE STARTAPP!

And please remove your signatures with ref links to startapp! Let’s make a strike and stop using STARTAPP IS SCAM