amazon store

Why to upload the app also to amazon store ,if the users can download it from google play ?
Also how much does it cost to open account in amazon ?
Amazon also take 30% fee ,from “in app purchase” like google and apple ?

Cost: 0.
Why: because Kindle devices have only Amazon AppStore, no Google Play.
Fee: yes, the same.

Thanks magnesus
That was short and sweet :wink:

What about samsung store ?
Cost: ?
Why: ?
Fee: ?

same on samsung unless they have some time limited promo for developpers for revenue like 75/25 instead of 70/30.
Hey yankis, for this kind of info you can make your own research on google

The purchase/download rate is much higher on Amazon than Google play. Samsung apps has lower than the others.

Thats the first time.i see somebody who say that samsung have more download rate than google play :wink:
Thats interesting

No, I say that Amazon has a higher download rate than GP. Samsung apps has a lower rate.

Regarding Amazon - a question for devs which have already submitted their apps - how long did it take for the app to be approved?
Thank you :slight_smile:

How can Amazon have high downloads than GP? I find hard to believe

Less apps so if you have one that has very little competition on Amazon AppStore you can get a decent number of downloads while the same app might get burried on Google Play. Also if your app on Google Play fails in first 30 days to gain popularity it is basically doomed.

I had a strange experience with Amazon. Approvement is in about 4 days. They have a testing unit on their site. You can upload your app and it tests right away if it will work on Kindles. The strange thing is: I did that with my Note Recognizer, which needs a microphone to work. It was approved for all kindles. I thought this was normal, as I was (1 month ago) unaware that some Kindles do not have a mic.
Then even stranger: I send my two other apps for approval, which use a mic also, as they have a familiair working principle: sound frequency analyses. They are the same, only the paid version has some extra features. The paid version was tested correct for almost all devices, except 1e generation Kindle. That has no microphone. I send the free version, and that was tested okay, exept Kindle HD7 3e gen, Kindle 7 1 gen, not okay for some others, and okay for the rest. I even got a report added, so someone had actually tested it live.
So the last testing was done properly is my conclusion, but the first app would not work either on the mentioned disapproved devices. So I have put a warning in the description that it won’t work if the device has no mic.
My conclusion: they are very much willing to accept your app, even if it will have problems.

Not neccesarily I had a live wallpaper like 6 months ago first 30 days maybe 3,000 downloads, idled for 2 more months then exploded to 3.5 million downloads in 2 months after that, then google changed ad policy and banned app even though I updated and app was compliant.

Wow, thats just ridiculous, what did they tell you when you appealed?