Respond To User Reviews& Snarky Comments

Finally Google play has decided to allow devs to respond to user reviews. This feature is only available to top developers and its expected to be rolled out to the rest of the publishers in the future. Here is the article http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2012/06/replying-to-user-reviews-on-google-play.html

Personally, i think this is an excellent move to have a one on one constructive conversation with users who need assistance and directions and inform them when a new feature is available and secondly to deal with irritating comments like “gayish app” on a quiz app or “You can do better as a dancer not a developer” :D. I just need to put some sense in some of these users:P

So what do you guys think about this new feature once its in place for all of us, How helpful is this going to be for you guys and what are the most irritating user reviews you have received?

This is fantastic news! Probably my most wanted feature in Google Play :smiley: I’m glad the team at Google have finally added this feature, as a lot of developers have been asking for it.

Even as a user, I’d often like to see the developer’s “official” response to user reviews. I reckon this new feature will only be a good thing.

Finally!!! I don’t care about 1-star-reviews with text “lame” or such things, they will always happen BUT I DO care about users who report any problems in the reviews and expect an answer from the dev (which is not possible) or asking questions.

It would be also a good idea to let the users themselfs answer to comments to make some sort of community … as seen on youtube

I’d love to be able to reply to users who have a problem or question. But wouldn’t bother with the snarky comments. It will just lead to even more trolls, and developers arguing or trading insults. This is probably why Google has not allowed it up till now. And will probably lead to them taking the privledge away if it gets carried away.

Personally I would not like to see comments like YouTube :slight_smile: They’re very rarely constructive, most of the time just chain comments or pointless trolling. I think that’s the main reason Google doesn’t allow users to reply to comments at the moment - because they’re having enough trouble moderating similar discussions on YouTube.

they do not moderate on youtube - the video owner is responsible for moderation

Yes, true. Although no matter who does the moderation, I think it’s very difficult to create a good “public” commenting system without degrading into pointless comments. YouTube is just one example of this.