Is Chromecast the best way to connect Android with a TV?

I have researched connecting Android devices with TV or making apps directly for TV. There are 5 ways:
Android TV, HDMI, MHL, Slimport and Wireless.
Not many people use Android TV, so that option does not seem useful. HDMI, MHL and Slimport requires a cable between the Android device and the TV, so I assume these options are not popular.

So I assume that Wireless is the most popular way of doing this. Google’s standard for this is Chromecast. So is Chromecast the most popular way off showing an Android app on a TV?

I assume that an app needs to be developed in a special way for Chromecast according to this tutorial:

https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/android_sender_integrate

Yes, Chromecast is the best way to connect Android with a TV, as chromecast is a device that you plug into your TV’s HDMI port, powered by a USB cable (included). Using your smartphone or computer as a remote control, you can use chromecast to access video content from Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, the Google Play Store and other services. You can also use it to stream almost any kind of content from the Chrome browser on a computer.

Good to hear, I will test this! Does an app have to be developed in a special way to be streamed with Chromecast? My company is developing music visualizers, Live wallpapers and space flight simulators. I wonder if some code has to be added to the apps, so that the visual quality is OK when they are streamed with Chromecast? Or can the visual and audio content of any app be streamed with Chromecast? Google has this guide about making the app a sender for Chromecast, but I don’t know if it is necessary to implement this:

https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/android_sender_integrate

Yes, Chromecast is the most ideal approach to interface Android with a TV, as chromecast is a gadget that you connect to your TV’s HDMI port, fueled by a USB link (included). Utilizing your cell phone or PC as a remote control, you can utilize Chomecast to get to video content from Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, the Google Play Store and different administrations. You can likewise utilize it to stream any sort of substance from the Chrome program on a PC.