Admob refunded all my payments!?

I’ve ran a few advertising campaigns over the years with admob. Testing to see if I can get decent installs with them. Today I got 4 payments in my bank account stating “Google Admob Credit adjustment”. Each of the payment matches exactly the sum that I purchased advertising with admob (old admob account) since as far back as 2012. So I think they refunded all my advertising purchases in the old admob. But it must be some mistake. I can’t find an email adress to contact them about it. Does anyone else have this happen to them? Does anyone have a support email for admob?

I received 1 payment back, too. It says it’s a refund, but it doesn’t make sense.

Happy Xmas from Google :wink:

Just got another refund. 2 so far.

Do you know how to contact them about it?

I have no idea. I will wait a few more days to see if they contact me and then I’ll start to worry.

maybe somebody inside google is burning them

When Google closes publisher accounts for invalid click activity, it refunds the outstanding accumulated revenue to affected advertisers. Not sure how precisely they can attribute the money though. Maybe they closed so many accounts that they’re doing mass refunds by time span?

thats interesting cause i’ve been banned for invalid activity as a publisher, and I always wondered if Google bullshited me about refunding revenues back to advertisers or just pocketed it. we won’t know for sure unless some of you guys contact Google and ask why you got your advertising expenses credited back?

Well I know they adjust your campaigns while they are running, but didn’t expect a total refund like this almost a year later. If you’ve ever ran an admob campaign you will see each day they will partially credit you back for a few clicks that are fraudulent. At least this is what I’ve seen with my campaigns.

And today they have reversed 3 of the payments, and withdrawn the money back out of my bank account.

Okay, that sounds like a software bug then. :rolleyes: I thought they had the best developers in the world…

They don’t even have a contact email address, that I could find. Part of one of the biggest IT companies in the world and their customers can’t even email them, rediculous lol

How could they reverse payment? Was it through credit card? Wire transfers shouldn’t be reversible…

There was the deposits a few days ago, and today they withdrew from my bank account. I don’t know how they can get away with it.

Edit: I paid with a debit card that is linked to my bank acount, so technically I guess it’s not a wire transfer. They charged my debit card I guess.

bank-error-in-your-favor-monopoly.jpg

LOLz

@XdebugX - that explains it. If the payment was from a credit/debit card they can cancel it.
Someone might have lost their job at Google though just before Christmas because of it. :slight_smile:

FYI. all you need is a routing and account number to ACH money out of accounts. Be careful who you give this info to cause they can drain your account quick! A good idea is to have account for receiving payments and account for sending payments, and maybe another account to hold a balance (save) money on.

Yep… you will actually need to sue the bank and tell them to prove you authorized the payment to get your money back. At which point, the bank pulls the ‘you allowed an unauthorized person access to your account so **** off’ tactic…

I’m not sure what ACH is, never heard the term. From what I found on Google it is US specific? Sounds VERY dangerous though from the descriptions I found. I don’t think it exists in my country, the only way someone can get back money that he paid here is through credit/debit card if he still has the details. Also when I pay more than $1000 with my card my bank phones me to ask if I authorised the payment, nice feature. Anyway - it’s always best to keep money not only on a few accounts but in different banks (and some in cash).