Does anyone monetize their apps with incentivized rewards (Tapjoy etc)

Does anyone on this forum use networks like Tapjoy, SupersonicAds, TrialPay etc in games or tools?
I simply don’t understand why so few people seem to use them, it seems like such a promising way to add a bare minimum of a cent to your ARPU.
Is there something I’m missing as to why this is not commonly practised?

If any of you do use services like this please let me know your experiences with them, and which one you’d recommend. I will sign up under a referral link if possible.

Because it wasn’t easy to integrate them compared to banner and interstitial.

It wasn’t suitable for all type of app.

And for some reason, the reward doesn’t always come to the users, which led to bad reviews

I didn’t use them, but used pollfish (survey ads) for incentive rewards. The only problem with them is fill rate. You may look into it as well.

Matthew,

My name is Fehzan and I am the founder of Adscend Media. We are one of the largest rewards platforms in the world today and have paid out developers over $50m. I would argue we are the fastest growing provider in the offer wall segment today - I’m biased on that though.

The #1 barrier is that you must have some form of IAPs that users want. Fortunately, that is most developers today. #1 concern most developers have is development time relative to other solutions. It can take a few hours or days (depending on implementation) to integrate a rewarding offer wall for instance compared to a few minutes for banners.

However, I will argue it is absolutely worth it because earnings are high and offer walls boost user retention. Want to see a case study from Kongregate on our blog about how amazing offer walls are?
Check it out:
New Kongregate Study: Offer Walls Can Provide Significant In-Game Revenue - Adscend Media Blog

PS I think you will add much more to your ARPU than a cent.

I would check out our company (Adscend Media) and a few others and go with the platform who provides you the best solution for your app. As an FYI - we pay weekly.

Hi Matthew,

I may be biased, but I strongly agree with everything AdscendFehz mentioned above. We would love to get you setup with an account with us and help answer any remaining questions you might have. Please feel free to check us out here: Offer Wall, Content Locking, Affiliate Marketing, Mobile App Monetization & User Acquisition Solutions | Adscend Media, or if you are ready to create an account with us, you can fill your information out here: Publisher Application | Adscend Media. Thanks! Ilyssa :slight_smile: