Investing 1000 €

Hello guys,
I am currently negotiating a marketing strategy.
I want to pay someone 1000 € to advertise an app (game with interstitials and small in app purchases) to get 100.000 downloads (genuine ones, no fake downloads).

I know that there are various factors, which determine the apps revenue, but for the ones, that have reached more than 100.000 downloads: Do you think I could earn those 1000 € back if I reached 100.000 downloads? (Let’s say in a month) I don’t have much money to spend so I’m carefully trying to calculate my chances.

I only need a rough estimation of ROI.

Thank you for any supportive advice!!

:slight_smile:

Don’t give ANYBODY your 1000 ojro. Especialy from this forum. Full of scammers.
What you do the best?
Spend it on facebook ads. Not some app2top (bot installs).
Choose countries like:
-Brazil
-Mexico
-Russia
-Germany, UK(little more expensive)
-avoid Poland, we don’t like to pay for anything^^
-avoid USA, unless you have 100k ojro

I think with lower tier countries you can get 0,05$ for install. Lower tiers will boost your app in higher tiers also. Thats why avoid USA. Not necessary. If you have IAP, that’s good and 1000 euro can be earned.

What is strategy?
Don’t invest it in 0 day after publication. New Google Play system hold app for 72h until “second review” with manual operator. Then:
set 60% of your budget in 4th day
set 40% of your budget in next 7 days
It can guarantee rank in countries.
I advice to choose Brazil, users have money to spend in CPI.

After getting back your 1000 euro, reinwest it asap in for example Mexico or Russia, same way. There is no 30 days window now.

Put in your app Google+1 button to vote for your app, can be a dialog too. This will bring your app into recommended apps tab. Every user have friends, they will see your app in recommended tab.
If possible, make newsletter EULA and grab emails to build your retention but make it proper with US law! <read_about_it>
Use some push notification but only proper with google play terms! Ofcourse to build your retention.

Hi! Thank you for your advice! No i won’t spend it on someone from the forum. I didn’t know the thing with the manual reviewer for the first 72h. Thank you for that! So I shouldn’t invest in marketing in the first 3 days?

Thanks again for the info!

Yes, first 3 days are useless… You can deliver 10k installs and 0 impact :wink:

Okay, that’s good to know.

In how many countries should I invest in the beginning? Like 2-3? Or maybe just 1? I usually make it available for all countries, but never do specific marketing for a single country.

1 country to make cash back, then reinvest in another country. Brazil is good for CPI and ads (ecpm is lower than in USA but still you can get $1,5 - $2 ecpm). In USA you haven’t chance even with 50k downloads/day :wink:

You could earn back €1000 with 100k downloads easily. The problem is €1000 wouldn’t able to deliver 100k downloads easily.

I have some influential friends that have tons of social media followers. I think it might work. :slight_smile: I am not dumb, hehe. I know this is not the normal price you pay for 100k downloads. I have spent 100 dollar once and got like 5 downloads. I know it is hard through normal ad sites.

However I have never reached 100k downloads so far (maximum is 16k for one app so far, got me a few hundred bucks), so I wanted to ask if it was realistic. But apparently it is quite reasonable to earn that much money with 100k downloads. Thank you for the input!
You guys helped me out. :slight_smile: I will let you know how it turns out.

I don’t agree. I made a fanpage for my app, and within 8 month I got 10k likes. Just keep posting in groups daily. Fanpages are help to reach more users.

As a Brazilian, I can assure you Brazilians don’t like to expend money on anything.

For sure there are people in Brazil that buy virtual goods but up to now I don’t know anyone (relative, friends, coworkers, classmates, neither friends of friends of friends)…

Let me ask you: you say to wait until 4th day to invest in advertisement. Another friend from this forum said that the most important days to invest in marketing are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd days (How I got high ranking in Google play store for my music player. - Marketing Methods - Making Money with Android).

I am not doubting neither your word nor his word.

I just want to understand were do you got information that support your statement. My intention is to understand Google Play logic a bit better I’ll ask the same thing in the other thread.

Thanks.

Interesting