Google's +1

Hello,

I went to my Google Play app page today and saw that I had 3 “+1’s” for it (I’m one of them). Is there any way to see who the other 2 are that have +1’d it? I have tried searching Google but haven’t been able to find out how to do it. The search function in Google+ doesn’t seem to include “+1’s”

I don’t think it possible to know those people unless these people are in your gmail address book or in google+ circles. Just for curiosity’s sake, why do need the identity of these people?

Ah, ok.
Thanks for the reply.

I just thought it would be interesting to know. Also wanted to know if I might had made a mistake (never used Google+ before and it felt that I somehow had +1’d it more than once, but I don’t think that’s the case anymore) ^^

you cannot +1 more than 1 time. If you +1 it again it will uncheck your +1 :slight_smile:

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted this.
Just got really confused cause I’ve never +1’d anything before and it popped up some box where it asked me if i wanted to ‘share’ it, but nothing happened when I clicked on it, and then suddenly the number of “+1’s” was 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to admit, I have no idea what it is for xD I click it occassionally, but never was in the mood to find out what it is exactly and how I can use it for my benefit …

I find it quite useful when I’m searching Google or the Play Store to see what’s been +1ed by others in my G+ circles as a mark of quality, although I really should do some housekeeping and update my G+ circles at some point.

Indeed - the personal recommendations from seeing +1’s in Google Search results are starting to work quite well for me. For example, if I see “Oli Wright” +1’d an app, I’m much more likely to install it than if I just saw “2,372 ratings”. :wink:

What is the purpose of Google plus?

Google’s +1 is the equivalent of Like from FaceBook. If you have an active account on Google+ and you click +1 on the web page or in the Google Play Market the link to that page will be shown in your profile under ‘Likes’ tab, or something similar. It is the way of sharing things you find interesting with your friends.