Wallpaper Apps

Hello,

I’m thinking of making a few wallpaper apps, but the truth is, that I can’t find any good free pics. I know I’m not supposed to use copyrighted images, but there are 100’s of such apps on Google Play, which are also monetized by AdMob etc.

What do you think, is it OK to proceed, or would I risk getting banned? What’s your take on this?

Thanks.

Let me give an example of using images from Google image search:
Using leaked images of iPhone 6 can get you banned but using images of New York airport should be ok

The idea is to use images which are quite common and could have been photographed by any person but avoid using famous,unique and controversial images.

Have you used CC Search yet?

It is loaded with hundreds of thousands of professional free pics for commercial use. The Flicker option is the best one.

Thanks guys for clearing this up for me. So, basically I can’t use professional photos, unless I buy them. But this is too expensive for me. What about saving pictures from wallpaper websites?

I wasn’t aware of the CC Search. Looks great!

Also check The Leading Source Of Free Stock Photos - stock.xchng

But how do you intend to monetize your app now??

AdMob and maybe Tapgage.

A quick question to all you wallpaper developers -

We are working on a version of our SDK that would give developers control over the appearance of the caller id window. This will allow you to:

• Monetize your wallpapers and get paid for every active users you have
  • Put your wallpaper/color scheme be in more places on the phone. Users will be able to experience your wallpaper in a call environment (if a caller id is present)

Example - for this wallpaper - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwilwp.livewallpaper.s4nexus&hl=en
You could choose to use the enclosed screenshot

What do you think? Would this be something that would be interesting for you?

Thanks!

themed_caller_id.jpg

Just check the site mrBruce mentioned, you can find thousands of good photos here for your app.
Or you can buy a premium membership to royalty free sites that will give you access to their photos to use them for whatever you want.

Just check the site mrBruce mentioned, you can find thousands of good photos here for your app.
Or you can buy a premium membership to royalty free sites that will give you access to their photos to use them for whatever you want.

not 1000s of photos but some are great Unsplash

Thanks, guys.

First of all you can use Wallpaper maker for creating wallpapers for android device and which is available on Google Play Store.

Wow, I wasn’t aware of that, I even didn’t think such tools exist! :slight_smile: Thanks.