quickest an app has gotten to 10k downloads

I just had a great opening release with an app that somehow jumped to 10k downloads in 17 days without a single bit of marketing. That got me thinking, even with some of the big crazy 50k downloads in a day apps they had to start somewhere.

Whats odd is that it is the most boring and dumb app i have ever made. But i guess that’s how it always happens, with the one you don’t think will do well.

So in a few day increments here are my downloads per day til 10k, there was a bit of up and down a few days in there.

1st day - 13/day
5th day - 908/day
10th day - 1170/day
15th day - 1436/day
17th day - hit a little over 10k downloads

So what is the quickest you have had an app get to 10k downloads. Also did you use marketing or not to get it to jump that high so fast.

My most successful apps didn’t have any marketing for them whatsoever.

Can you share app name or at least app category? If it is a game in which section (arcade, action, puzzle)?

anything special happened in the 15th,16th day? did you get reviewed? trending? top apps? featured?

it was a simple entertainment game with a stupid looking animal.

No reviews, no trending, not on top apps and it hasn’t been featured. I am thinking it is just a lucky set of keywords used in the description.

Hi there, based on my experience, the quickest way to boost app downloads is boosting app ranking to top 3 on the App Store. A survey shows that the top 3 apps account for 70% of the search traffic, and over 65% users discover new apps by searching keywords on the App Store. You can boost your app ranking on the App Store with the following methods:
[ul]
[li]Target keywords with low competition and lower search volumes first[/li][li]Choose the low competition and relevant categories[/li][li]App Store optimization[/li][li]Use Keywords in the Name and Description - Data shows that adding keywords in title will increase your app ranking by 10.3%. [/li][li]Get App Installs - One of the most efficient way to boost app ranking, which can boost app ranking in hours.[/li][li]Update your App Regularly. Updating app can increase app ranking temporarily.[/li][li]Get app reviews and ratings. Those apps which have much more positive reviews and higher ratings rank much higher than others.[/li][/ul]
About app reviews and ratings, besides increasing app ranking, they also have great impacts on app downloads. Because about 95% users will take the app reviews as one of the most important reference factors to judge the app, and most people prefer to download an app which has much more positive reviews.You can gather app reviews and ratings with the following methods:
[ul]
[li]Invite your users,friends and families review and rate your app[/li][li]Incentivize users to Review Your App[/li][li]Exchange reviews with other developers[/li][li]Get app reviews from third parties, it’s a good way for new apps or those apps which have seldom users. [/li][/ul]
Applying for app awards is also a great way to boost app downloads.There are tons of organizations that give prizes to new, innovative applications for their functionality, design, and so on. It can give you tons of press, exposure, reviews and plenty of downloads.

Hope those methods are useful to you.

Share your link, Your app have huge potential. I have similar app getting 10k downloads a day. DM me

But how it can become successful, if nobody know about your app? I don’t agree with your opinion. It requires a lot of time then. You can make your app popular without marketing, you have to show your customers that such kind of app are existing and why it’s better than other similar.