I cracked the secret to Google Play charts! Trended #2 in USA Arcade in Nov 2014

Hey everyone,

I’ve started developing for android in 2008, throughout the last few years I finally got into iOS and I’ve been through all sorts of marketing techniques, trying to push my games and apps to the top.

I am not going to get too deep into history of what I tried and what doesn’t work, but basically, unless you are pulling out over $0.50 per download from your users in in-apps or ad value, all marketing techniques will fail you. Almost all of them. Banners, CPM campaigns, interstitials, video or incentivized networks, they will all give you negative ROI. Guaranteed!

To this day, Facebook is known to be #1 source of cheap installs on CPI basis. If you optimize your campaigns right, have tons of different ads and targeting segments, you might get away with $0.25 CPI in USA… (used to be about $0.10 two years ago) but as soon as you turn up your budget and try to get 1k or 2k downloads in a single day, you CPI rises closer to a dollar, and that is for a free game/app. This doesn’t really apply to small niches, so for those who want to argue how they get 10 installs per day for $5 and generate $10 in revenue back, I say… make an app that PEOPLE actually want, app that actually charts somewhere.

I am here to tell you that there are over 1 million apps, it almost doesn’t matter how unique yours is, they are all the same in the eyes of consumers! Your game is lost in the sea of free options. You need a massive push to get your app through the charts and in front of people! Thats the only way you can get a positive ROI.

How did Flappy Bird do it? How did Skippy Squirrel manage it? Fit the Fat? 4 tiles? stay in line? don’t touch the spikes? impossible rush? brain rush? And every single mini game out there that ranked out of nowhere, seemingly overnight?

After many failed launch attempts and tons of money spent “experimenting” I found exactly what works! I found exactly what those other guys did!

I ran a 4 day campaign on November for one of my games, Here are the results:

Total Cost: $3,800
Downloads : 48.5k
Result CPI: $0.08

80% or installs are in Tier1 country, with USA leading at 50%.

Interested in knowing more?

Read my blog post where I documented every step of the way with screenshot proof of everything.

How to get your mobile game go viral? | Shoutcart

If anyone has any questions, I will answer all of them HERE, in this thread
I stand by my claims.

Here are some of the apps that I PERSONALY know, that used the same method described in my blog post:
https://marketplace.apptopia.com/listings/10049-impossible-rush-500k-downloads
https://marketplace.apptopia.com/listings/10398-makes-1-2k-per-day

You had great results with your apps, but I can’t see how I could make anything similar with mine. The profiles you have in your inventory are not related to android. I think you need a right app to make it work. Its quite a big risk that you’ll pay ~$100 for 0 downloads…

Looks good and Iam browsing the site as we speak.

That was an interesting read. Hands down to share this with us.
I still need a budget of $50.000 to get anywhere though, even with this strategy. The amount you spend was way too low to have any chance to go viral and you missed the power of a trending app. For apps though, that earn more than 10cents back per download and have problems to generate organic downloads, this is just nice.

The inventory is related to android 50% of the time. People that see your offer are either on android or ios, so for $100, you can expect a decent push regardless of your platform.

Well it all depends what category you are in. Some categories (like my arcade) are brutal, others are not so much (sports, trivia, etc). But if you’re trying to rank #1 overall, you will need to contact a lot of people, my service is perfect for cases like that, add it to your cart, submit once and off to charts you go!

Shouldn’t be the Instagram account subject related to advertized app?

Sounds like an awesome service.

I have some questions however.

How are the instagram account owners willing to risk their reputation for promoting a lame or really buggy game?

I can see many other similar services being offered on Twitter and FB for much cheaper. I don’t about the efficacy though. Any inputs here?

Do you know that likes on an account can be bought too?

But you are considering that all the 48k downloads were obtained because of the shouts, that´s not right, there are always organic downloads…

Going further, how do you know the majority of those 48k downloads weren´t obtained because of organic traffic?

Would you be willing to give a “trial” shout to Color Fill 2 to see the actual effect and i share the results here? And i pay you $0.08 per download generated (send the money through Paypal)

But how does that relate to this? :slight_smile:

Can we some of these app shoutouts from those instagram accounts?

I think it won’t work as you described

The secret is that he bought 48k installs for $4k, so 1 install cost 8c. After that installs dropped almost to 0. It’s cheaper way than yeahmobi (one install 25c) and appbrain (one install 90c to get traffic).
It’s still not so big “cracking the secret”. To get into top 200 USA, you still need 5-10k installs, A DAY for minimum 7 days or even more. Let’s calculate for minimum 5k and 7 days, he needs 35k
pure USA installs.
I see he got 6k installs from 48k for USA, let’s take 5k for 45k installs in theory. So you still need 315k installs to get ranked in USA. With average 8 cent/install, you need to spend $25k to get into just top200 in USA. Using some CPI network with 25c, you will spend 9k$ to get 35k USA poor installs. It depends of your goal, want only USA or rest of world also?

Secondly: this method is worth ONLY for IAP apps. For apps with ads, better to use house ads and much CHEAPER methods, like ask for reviews, reddit post or forums.

For me, toxic not found any secret. Just cheaper but still expensive, getting installs by paid ads.

They don’t. Essentially, the accounts have the last say if they want to promote an app or not, thats why I offer full refunds in case that happens. You can contact me if you’re not sure if your app is going to make the cut, prior to placing any order.

There might be other venues to get similar services on Twitter or FB, but I am certain that high quality accounts that I am working with, are not being advertised anywhere else.

Thats why I have vigorous vendor approval process and only take in quality accounts.

Yes, you are right about organic installs. But organic installs only happened because of the $4k initial campaign, so technically, I can attribute those to my campaign.

The majority of the installs came in the first week when I was running the promotion, its evident in my appannie screenshots.

My results are not typical for other niches, my niche was arcade adventure game.

I thought about the trial run long and hard, and I am not going to take YOUR risk for YOU. There are several cheap options you can choose on my site if you want to test waters. I recommend the “facts” account which I think we do great with trivia games like yours.

the secret is in the blog post and the fact that no one knew exactly step by step, how its been done.

if you follow some of those accounts, you will see them promote 1 or 2 a day. some of them include game of war, and other blockbuster games.