Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Question making money with iOS forum?

Anyone know good forums like this but for iOS? Geared towards the marketing and business side of things. Can't seem to find a good one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    How many people here develop for iOS as well? Maybe if such a community doesn't exist yet, we should make one.
    This post represents my own views, and does not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of my employer.

My Websites:

Making Money With Android Blog
    | Forums | Wiki | Live IRC Chat | My Apps on Google Play

Ad Networks I Use: (use these referral links to get a bonus!)
    Supersonic ($120 bonus) | MobileCore ($100 bonus) | StartApp ($25 bonus) | AppNext | AppBrain | AppFlood

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

4. Thanks georgiecasey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    iphone has got so many forums. Despite its popularity, poor android has got only few.
    Having said that, a forum from David for making money with iphone would be nice but he is going to need more moderators/admin too. Of course, it has to generate enough revenue for hosting/bandwidth etc. @david, how much you earn monthly from this forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javaexp View Post
    Of course, it has to generate enough revenue for hosting/bandwidth etc. @david, how much you earn monthly from this forum?
    Actually I haven't tallied up the figures lately (that's a job for tax time! ) But income would be somewhere in the low 4-digit range, before operating expenses. Of course, it would be possible to increase this with more aggressive advertising. But I prefer to take this slowly. No point compromising the quality of the site for the sake of making a quick buck.

So bottom line - at the moment this site pays enough to cover expenses and a bit more, but still not a lot to cover the time I put into it. If we were to start an iOS-flavoured "companion site" then you're right - there would have to be some more moderators/admins. But I'd certainly be happy to facilitate this, if the interest is there.
    This post represents my own views, and does not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of my employer.

My Websites:

Supersonic ($120 bonus) | MobileCore ($100 bonus) | StartApp ($25 bonus) | AppNext | AppBrain | AppFlood

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Maybe we could just add a place here to discuss iOS? I've started porting my apps to iOS and I'm completely lost there and it seems like an interesting new revenue oportunity (I'm getting 30 sales per day right now there without any marketing or even reviews...). But the question is - is there enough of iOS developers here to start any discussion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I am big time into it.

Edit
    Done:
    1) Just registered for apple developer program. waiting for the new forum/section to kick of ASAP.
    2) Have setup a VM for mac lion.

To do's
    1) Will buy a second hand apple device or borrow from friend. I guess emulator will be good till I get hold of iphone.
    2) Need to start learning iphone development.
    Last edited by javaexp; 2013-10-21 at 12:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I think we should think this way ,
    Porting to IOS is mandatory giving the policies and strategies of Google that lets us struggle to get a decent revenue from it
    I am still working hard to get a half of what I used to get before the Policy update
    But the thing with IOS development is the entrance brier that might not be easy for every one , which could be an advantage after all
    I got MacbooK pro however but still in the dark side of this world , may be looking for some motivation ...
    Will see how things are going ...
    Sign up for StartApp for 15$ bonus on first 1000 download + 15$ for the first 250K Impressions , Use my referral link
    http://startapp.com/rft7ac2
    Mobvista : Great Ad network with 100% fill rate : https://dev.mobvista.com/user/register/?u=TWpJMU5RPT0=

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Watch this space. More news coming soon.

My Websites:

11. Thanks Magnesus, javaexp thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Make money with ios forum would be great