"You need to add an icon to your APK."

I try to upload an updated version of my paid app and get that message despite it having almost the same AndroidManifest.xml as the free version who uploaded without any problems. The icon is of course there in the same folders as the in the free version and it didn’t change since the last time. Anyone had this problem?

What I have noticed is that in my new APKs the drawing-hdpi and similar folders are renamed as drawing-hdpi-v4 - it doesn’t seem to change anything though, they work just fine. Also the app has been accepted for Android TV, I wonder if it might be caused by some additional testing done for Android TV (but it’s not from review - it’s immediate message after I upload APK).

Users of the paid version are going to kill me because of that since I’ve just updated the free version today with new levels, but can’t update the paid version because of this weird problem. :frowning: I tried updating ADT and many other solution found on the web, nothing helps…

Same scenario here. Did you find a solution/workaround?

My previous version was approved for Android TV. Now I compiled a routine update in eclipse and I get the above message - “You need to add an icon to your APK.”
The icon is in the drawable folders and referenced properly. I also noticed that -v4 qualifier is added to the drawable folders.

This is the reason apparently that Google play console is not able to find it. The app is working on the device though.
I think it is either a buggy change in android 21 build tools (something happened with res merger). Or it is a bug in the Dev console which was not updated.

Apk is some kind of archive format (zip probably?) - you probably should be able to rename directory in such archive, or unpack it, rename dirs and pack.

Google has a bug in the code that verifies the APKs. The workaround is to mpve the android:banner to activity in AndroidManifest until it is solved.