AppFlood which to choose?

this is the first app that i choose to use appflood ads, i heard many good things about them. so if anyone here have experience with appflood i would like to hear more about them. i have registered my app there, but i don’t know which is the best to choose between these 3:

1. I want to promote other apps
  2. I want to be promoted by other apps
  3. I want to exchange traffic with other apps

anyone have a clue, my app is game. do i need to set a campaign?

thanks

“I want to promote other apps” is for generating revenue by showing their ads in your app/game.

“I want to be promoted by other apps” is for paid campaigns to gain users.

“I want to exchange traffic with other apps” is for exchanging users: You get free installs for the installs you generate for other people’s apps through the ads.

I emailed their support about this a couple weeks ago. They said: if you only want to put ads in your app choose 1. If you only want to buy installs choose 2. If you want to do both, or use your ad income to buy installs (cross promote) choose 3.

thanks for the response guys
for now i choose option no.1

Appflood’s interstitial, push ad works fine on our games.
They recently released a new ad format-icon ad.
Just trying it on one game…not too bad but not performing a little lower ecpm compared with interstitial.
AppFlood Icon Ads
I will come back with some useful data a few days later:)

any new data yet? their website looks the best

Do you get a lot negative reviews because you are using push/icon ads?
What is eCPM with their push/icon ads?
Do they flagged as virus?

Share with us any useful info. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Wich kind of APPFlood interstitial performs better ? I think im going to try a mix of em.

Do you still use Appflood in your games? It would be nice if I could compare my stats with others.

Last day I had:
11286 impressions, 1254 clicks, 24 installs which gives $11.4 (eCPM $1.01, CTR 11.11%).
I show interstitial ad after 5 resets of round and ad list every 2 completed levels.

thanks for sharing your numbers, i’m not using appflood but after seeing you numbers i will use them soon, 11.4$ from 24 installs means 50 cent (not the singer :p) from each install and that’s really good

Just for comparison, here are my numbers for Leadbolt HTML AppWall - for this month so far:

254,760 impressions, 6,703 clicks, $0.55 eCPM, $0.02 EPC, 2.63% CTR, $139.48 Revenue

Normalizing to your impression count (i.e. same as choosing a time interval in which I get same impresions as your example):

11286 impressions, 296 clicks, $0.55 eCPM, $0.02 EPC, 2.63% CTR, $6.17 Revenue

(NOTE: Leadbolt does not show (and with HTML AppWall may not be able to count) the installs)

So one can compare:

AppFlood:
11286 impressions, 1254 clicks, 24 installs which gives $11.4 (eCPM $1.01, CTR 11.11%).
EDIT: EPC = $11.4 / 1254 = $0.009 EPC (much lower than Leadbolt)

Leadbolt:
11286 impressions, 296 clicks, $0.55 eCPM, $0.02 EPC, 2.63% CTR, $6.17 Revenue

One can see that - for the same number of impressions - the number of clicks on AppFlood are much more (thus AppFlood CTR is 4x that of Leadbolt). Suggesting that the ad format is attractive and is moving users to click the ads (?)

However, despite a 4x click-rate, the revenue is only 2x on AppFlood vs. Leadbolt. That means the clicks are not paying as much (EPC lower). Either:

• clicks not converting to actual installs on AppFlood
  • each install is not paying as much (EDIT: ok, corrected this - it can’t be this because this is $11.4 / 24 installs = $0.475 which is very competitive with $0.22 on AppBrain)

EDIT: so clicks on AppFlood not converting to installs (compared to Leadbolt), however there are other variables also (since we are comparing AppFlood in ONE type of app vs. ANOTHER type of app using Leadbolt). So it could be the user demographics difference. Perhaps if used in my app, the higher clicks on AppFlood would have given more installs.

EDIT: one difference MIGHT be that on AppFlood most of the apps being advertised are usually new apps (?) vs. on Leadbolt where the apps usually have 100K+ installs ALREADY - CORRECTION: ok, this is not true - the AppFlood apps also have high number of apps.

AppFlood can probably measure install - in fact they indicate that they will NOT show an ad for an app which is already installed on the user’s phone - meaning they are able to scan for installed apps - just as TapContext does - though TapContext uses that explicitly and very visibly in doing the “Virus Scan” from Armour for Android and all that.

Meanwhile Leadbolt - which presumably may not be able to measure installs is able to do nearly as well - JUST ON TRUST (i.e. just paying on clicks) - though there maybe a way for Leadbolt to confirm installs (by logging IP and correlating to installs etc. - as the installed apps may have Leadbolt integrated in them).

So we have the same situation that these AppWalls differ by maybe 2x - but not giving something truly groundbreaking i.e. like 5x or something. I suppose there are limitations to how much an AppWall can be worth to an app advertiser - which is what is limiting the revenue potential from AppWalls to something approaching a “universal constant” (a constant of nature etc. :-))

Meanwhile, for AppBrain the number are given below (which is another “gold standard” for non-incentivized installs) - just like admob is a gold standard in a way for banner ads - and can be used as a “benchmark” for the revenue “potential” of an ad space.

For month to day:

This is slightly muddled - since it includes Admob banner ad revenue …

1,404 Clicks, 303 Installs, $69.34 Revenue

One can see they are paying $69.34 / 303 = $0.22 per install - which is a very good per install number.

It is unclear how many impressions of the interstitial alone were shown.

But revenue from end-of-app AppWall is the dominant portion of revenue.

Banner eCPM is about $0.15 - which is bad - but this is at 100% fill rate.

It is worth mentioning that ad in my game is shown several times, not only on the exit. Because of it, I have much more impressions (about 6 times more than active users). I think it explains low revenue per click - it’s possible that users sometimes click ads accidentally. Moreover, it was stats from one day - I published app a few days ago so I have to wait longer for authoritative results.

Value of install isn’t bad - range from $0.30 to $1.75.

Actually, I had not much choice. The game’s been made in Unity so I needed ad network that had its own plugin.

do you mean that this what you get from each install of the advertised app? is most of your traffic from usa?

Yes, advertisers choose amount that they pay for install. I have most users from Russia (I was featured in Trending category) - 27,31%, next is USA - 11,34%.

last time i used full screen ads was with revmob they were paying 2 cents for most of the installs thats why im surprised from your high numbers, i hope these high numbers continue

I have edited my above post to account for that AppFlood is paying same or better than AppBrain per install. However just naively comparing the two apps’s performance (your using AppFlood and my numbers for Leadbolt) is problematic also because the user demographic maybe different - they may click because the AppFlood ad graphic looks appealing but may decide the game is not to their taste).

However, this point of yours may also play a role i.e. that of inadvertent clicks i.e. ad appears when user thinking of tapping the screen.

The $0.20 per install (from AppWall) is pretty standard - for AppBrain for instance.

The problem is getting users to finally install the app.

However, some AppWalls may not be paying for installs (or may not have ability to measure installs - as in Leadbolt HTML AppWall - unless they do some fancy correlation of IP and install time of the advertised app - which usually would contain a Leadbolt SDK for advertisers I am assuming). In such cases they may pay a “synthetic” revenue (that is derived from a back calculation from how their overall numbers are doing).

It is with AppWalls like these (i.e. not counting installs) that one can see revenue incrementing in $0.03 or such intervals (as can be seen with Leadbolt HTML AppWall).

It could be argued that an ad network that has AppWalls that pay “on the aggregate” (i.e. or how they are doing overall with advertisers) - will wind up paying a fairly stable EPC (i.e. on clicks) - however it will be small like $0.03 - thus you will see revenue increments of this type (for example early in day it may report partial day’s revenue as $0.03 - so you know that that can’t be from an install - as most AppWalls etc. charge advertisers $0.20 or so for ads - maybe it is lower i.e. $0.10 with some ad networks/advertisers - but still $0.03 would be too little for a “revenue-per-install”).

So if you have a user demographic for your app where YOU THINK your users are very valuable - it may not matter if they are downloading apps more often than “typical” - as the ad network will STILL pay you on the “typical” performance of users - and on clicks.

By the way, with click-based ad network schemes - there is also possibility of click-fraud etc. (which means ad network will or SHOULD be under-paying developers - in order to keep some money on the side to cover the risk). So it could be argued that any ad scheme which involves “risk” will INEVITABLY REDUCE the payout to developers.

AppWalls that have SDKs that check the actual installs - are probably less prone to click-fraud etc. (since a download is a download - and is what the advertiser is wanting - esp. if they only need it to advance in Google Play ranking algorithms). Thus it could be argued that SDKs that CONFIRM app download from AppWalls SHOULD pay more to developers (less risk to keep money on the side for …).

Regarding RevMob - my impression from reading blogs and reports here on them is that they pay much better for iOS - but their performance for Android is much weaker (perhaps they don’t have the right advertisers for Android). It is also reflective of that on iOS generally the ad revenue is also HIGHER than Android (i.e. per DAU or Daily Active Users) - with Android I guess the positive is the tremendous growth expected with the expansion of low-end phones.

thanks for the info , i put a virtual currency in my first puzzle game so users can download a game to get some coins i hope that will give me more downloads

Virtual currency - which provider ? (GetJar/Tapjoy). Any new one you can recommend ?

What is the conversion ratio (or any metric by which you are analyzing the “performance” of the virtual currency ?

Or roughly - virtual currency revenue how compares to ad revenue ? Is 20% of ad revenue or 200% of ad revenue ?

Thanks.