Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how does "free" apps earn money via ads if users play the app offline?

Hey I've been strolling around here because I'm an indie game developer and having hard time to increase my earnings/day.

I already made apps but those are paid ones. Now I want to dive in and explore this "free" app world.

So a lot of free games out there uses ads to earn money instead of in-app currency.

I'm just wondering, how does, let's say "flappy bird" earn around 50,000$/day thru ads if its userbase plays the game in offline mode?
    In my own knowledge ads are useless (in money terms) if the app can't access the net. So does it mean that almost every user that plays "flappy bird" access the net/wifi everytime?

Or there are other ways out there that I haven't known?

PS: if this is off-category, please note me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    money is not everything.
    That is why you can implement multiplayer and it will assure you that at least these players have internet
    Want to start making real money? Read my ebook first!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You don't directly, but giving the user a good offline experience keeps them coming back when they are online. And most usere are online most of the time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @mmmkkksss Hey thanks for the quick response and tip. But a game like flappy bird doesn't have multiplayer mode and they earned 50,000$/day? So is it really possible that almost every player got access on the net every time they play the game?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Oakwood Games
    oh! okay
    We probably posted at the same time that's why I didn't include your opinion on my reply. Sorry about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drichg24 View Post
    how does, let's say "flappy bird" earn around 50,000$/day thru ads
    I never understood how flappy birds earned that much daily. Amazing to think about :banghead:......one can only dream.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Flappybird earned up to $50,000 a day not earned $50,000 a day. Basically what it means is he had millions of players , playing a lot everyday. The 50,000 is the highest he earned in a day.
    Buy installs and boost your game or app to the top of the charts app2top.org/?ref=6228

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    How do you know 50k is the max he earned in a day? The news about the 50k was several days before he announced he will take down the app, so I suspect the earnings increased even more due to the high virality that news generated.
    The best jigsaw puzzles game on the market and it's all free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ania.game.free

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, the news said it was earning 50,000$/day, so I assumed it was the average earnings. My bad. Yes, probably it was the highest of his earnings.
    Thanks for all who replied in this thread.
    Appreciate the conversations guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drichg24 View Post
    In my own knowledge ads are useless (in money terms) if the app can't access the net. So does it mean that almost every user that plays "flappy bird" access the net/wifi everytime?
    Most users with smartphones are generally always connected - smartphones are actually fairly useless unless they are, TBH.

Some users may deliberately switch off data traffic to avoid advertising whenever they do play games though. To deal with this one should always include default adverts (typically in-house), bundled with your APK, so that even if there's no connection the user will still get an ad served - this makes trying to avoid ads by disconnecting a pointless exercise.