Choose correct ad network

Hey guys,

I’m usually reading this page, mostly about monetizing apps.

In my case, I have an app making around 1 million impressions/month on exit ad. Market is mostly from Mexico, Spain, USA (5%)… I have tried different ad networks, the best result was from appnext, more than $50/day, until eCPM dropped down till 0.20/0.30. Now I’m trying mobileCore, it’s going to be the first full day, but I can see that eCPM for interstitial ads is 0.10. Yesterday for few hours only, it had 9k impressions, 1k clicks and eCPM of 0.14 (terrible).

So my question is, do you have any experience with this kind of market and which ad network do you recommend?

I’m not spamming user with ads, I just have on app exit, and now with mobileCore I have this stickeez… So mostly, I’m looking for interstitial/app wall ads.

Thank you!

Hey @ernestofndz,

Whichever ad network you choose, try poping up an interstitial during app launch. That might do the trick and increase your revenue.
I’m sorry I didn’t know about your eCPM problem before. Contact me in private if you want to talk some more about it.

Hi Jonathan,

Interstitial during app launch, I believe will scare new users (user POV). I’m having around 7k downloads each day, and 3k of them are keeping the app.

I’m sorry that I said about revenue with your ad network, but in this subject the use of facts is needed.

I will contact with you as I really like appnext and I had no problem at all with your support team.

No need to apologize - you can say whatever you want as long as it’s true. Constructive criticism makes us all better, and appnext is certainly far from being perfect. Just aiming to be.

Last comment about the app luanch placement - sometimes it’s better to show your users the promotion before actually using your app. All ads are intrusive in some way, of course, but once that part is over, your users can engage with your app with no further ads. That’s not a bad thing. And the eCPM is much higher, in many cases. Just something to think about :slight_smile:

Try [b]MOBVISTA[/b] , its interstitials offers 10$ eCPM . i recently joined mobvista and in the beginning i started with 100-200 click in which i had 3-4 installs , each install gave me 0.3$ - 0.5$ per install which is very good .

so if u have ,
10,000 impressions -> 2000 clicks -> 100 installs -> (0.3 - 0.5)$ * 100 = 30-50$/day
100,000 impressions -> 20,000 clicks -> 1000 installs -> (0.3 - 0.5)$ * 1000 = 300-500$/day
1,000,000 impressions -> 400000 clicks -> 10,000 installs -> (0.3 - 0.5)$ * 10,000 = 3000-5000$/day
(above values are approx) values may be more or less !

Their full screen ads and interstitials are very high quality and attract user attention . you may want to place these ads on exit .mobvista also has great banner ads which refresh every 20 secs , so u get many impressions and various ads . They have very fast response for support . i prefer mobvista for its quality and High revenue . if u want u can join my link for Mobvista here

[HR][/HR]

1) MOBVISTA - 100% fill rate 10$ eCPM Weekly payments JOIN NOW !!!
2) STARTAPP - Get 2390$ for every 25,000,000 impressions for FREE JOIN NOW !!!
4) challenge your brain by reaching the number 2048 . PLAY NOW !!!

Hey @ernestofndz, why don’t you try something different that is much less intrusive to the users and can just boost your revenue with its high payouts. Have a look at Pollfish.

You guys have a very bad fill rate.

Exit ads usually give the worst eCPM. Either switch it to launch (or both) like @jonathan said, or find somewhere else in the app to display them.
You won’t find better results than with the likes of AppNext and mobileCore. You could try using both at the same time to help with variation?

Hey @javaexp thank you for your message. Since Pollfish has minimal intrusion, and address a completely different marketplace, our developers use us as a supplementary source of revenue along with any other ad network their using just to boost their revenue. Our fill rate is increasing month per month and we are focusing all our effort in keep doing that and have our partner developers happy :slight_smile:

problem with appnext sdk: If you press back button to close the ad, it passes the back button event to your app/game instead of consuming it itself. I had to manually trap back button and call appnext.hideBubble();

With appnext I get $1ecpm and mC gives $1.25ecpm after 1 million impressions. startapp is giving $2+ ecpm but cost me 1 app ban

I don’t understand why on exit is giving the worst revenue. How much do you think should be the revenue for 2k installs?

Anyway I will try something like that, thanks for your answer.

I will combine this answer with @javaexp and see results.

Thank you

for 3K installs daily I am earning $20-$30 daily from mC. So you can do the calculation.(showing ads on app launch and exit both)

I believe that for 3K installs you should get more than $500, not $20. I’m getting $20 for less than 100 installs.

you mean I should switch ad network. Which ad network u using?

20$ with 100 downloads makes 50 cents per download, which is almost impossible. So probably, you are mixing the “monthly/daily” revenue

Those numbers are with appnext, not only interstitial, but also having the “more games/apps” button.

Not exact numbers, but for 1kk impressions, 400k clicks, and 2k installs, $500 revenue. This is not daily. If you are doing 3k installs daily, and your eCPM is around $1, making $20-$30 revenue is weird.

No mixing. Data is about only 1 day.

Impressions: 54,330
Clicks: 21,561
Installs: 72
CTR: 39.69%
CR: 0.33%
Earning: $14.19
eCPM: $0.26

would like to know how many sessions you have. It is hard to believe that you have 54k impressions from 100 downloads (or you r not counting existing old ones?). Because anyway, 0.26 is very low, that is what I get from banners (admob).

Just checked in Analytics, in that day I had 33k sessions.

EDIT: and that data is the one from appnext.