Set Wallpaper as App Background

Hey guys,
I am having a problem figuring out how to get a wallpaper from user and set this wallpaper as the activity’s background. I want that when a user clicks a button in an app, they get a dialog box that allows them to select a wallpaper from albums, a set of live wall papers, system wall papers or even images. I’d like the functionality to be exactly like it is with the home page wallpaper except that I need this selected image to be the background of my Main Activity and not user’s home page.Once selected, we shpuld return with this wallpaper and set it as app background.
I have tried starting an intent with WallpaperManager.ACTION_LIVE_WALLPAPER_CHOOSER to do this but not much luck with this.Then I was thinking maybe i should get the image as we get from gallery and set background bitmap using WallpaperManager.getInstance(this).setBitmap(bitmap); but agian stuck.
Anyone who has done this or can give me directions or online resources that can help me achieve this? Also does anyone know whether it is possible to set a livewallpaper as app’s background?

Thanks