Is Airpush making fake statistic?

I moved from Leadbolt to Airpush several weeks ago due to Leadbolt’s dropping ecpm, and I found that airpush was good according to some post in this forum. My apps install number is still the same as before which is around 900~1000 every day, and I set the push ad frequency to 2 ad/day. But in these days, the number of ad request was increasing very slow comparing to the install number. Please look at the data below:
New installs (2012/12/17-2012/12/21): 937, 925, 1167, 1127, 1175
Ad Request (2012/12/17-2012/12/21): 3862, 4076, 4390, 4654, 4986

Look at the ad request increasing number, it’s only 200~300 per day, which is far far far away from new installs. Don’t tell me that all people installed my app use the opt-out things. Leadbolt gave me bad ecpm, but the ad request data looked real. Now I am very concerned that airpush make fake statistic to me about the ad request number. I already submit the ticket to support team, but not feedback yet.

Do you have the same problem?

Update on 2012/12/26
Just want to show you my data:
According to google play, my app which integrating airpush got 15,747 installed. And according to airpush’s data, my app’s install number is 17,569 by now. Good, it proves that it’s 1822 people (=17569-15747) uninstall my app. And my daily ad-request is only 72xx!!! Even 2 ad/day!!!

I also have the same problem. They don’t have enough inventory for all of us.

No Androider, I don’t think so. I can see 2 push ad in my app everyday, and comparing with Leadbolt, I can see Airpush’s ads has more games and it also has more localized ads for different country/areas. Airpush should has the most inventory among push-ad-company. And just before couples days, they released a new ads frequency — 3 push-ads/day!!

So i really think they are making fake statistic!

What I observed… when my app with 100k active users was suspended in google, my installation dropped from 15k peer day to 500-1k(maybe other markets). Next airpush day, my earnings from this app dropped dramaticaly. It’s not possible to loose 20-40k active users in 24h :slight_smile: … in application I have applovin too and some intersitial. In this app only instalations dropped but earnings are stable for now. It’s not my observation only. I think that ammount of instalations is connected to daily earnings. Strange…
Maybe they are making fake stats but they are the best in many things like:
-weekly payments
-support(chat) and I have many emails to airpush people
-xmas gift :wink: (for the best developers)
-good ecpm and fill rate, sorry but leadbolt sucks(the worst company ever)
-airpush is probably part of some biggest adverisement company, my friend investigated it

Airpush will be my main source of income, net30, net60 or even net90(i saw it) in other companys sucks.

Hi Ramzixp,

Maybe your analysis is correct, by far, looks like airpush’s daily earning is connected to daily installations!!! If it’s true, it sucks!! Sucks than any other ad-company. If that’s true, let’s look at this. Assuming you have 1 user install your app per day and after 1 year, you have 365 app installed ( assuming no user uninstall your app). Then from the366th day, every day you just earn money for your installed app from that day. Where is the money of my other 365 days? They are all in airpush’s Pocket!!! So funny, huh? They just give you the money for the apps that day, just that day…

They are great for weekly payment, support, xmas gift, good ecpm and fill rate. But all of these worth nothing. Agree with me? Leadbolt has bad ecpm but their number looks real, and they pay next month. That’s good enough! That’s enough for us to switch back to leadbolt or change to other ad-company.

Just a thought - maybe use AirPush only for 1 day after the user stars your app and then switch (in runtime) to another network? If AirPush is only paying by installation maybe it’s only paying for new users when they’ve just started using the app so showing them AirPush later is waste of ad space?

Airpush is awesome in many respects, as Ramzixp has noted (I didn’t get a Xmas gift though :-(). But their technical implementation is either juvenile in a lot of ways OR they’re seriously scamming devs. They can get away with it because there’s only 3 players in push ads and they’re the biggest.

Anyways, since implementing them, I’ve had almost a STATIC amount of revenue. Since day one. My eCPM started at 6.00 and it’s settled at 2.00 as my users adopted the new version. But revenue stayed the same. There’s no jump on weekends, as I see from ad requests from banner networks. I get almost DOUBLE usage and installs on weekends according to banner requests and stats. Yet there’s hardly a jump with Airpush in terms of pushes, maybe 10 percent at most.

Static revenue is standard. In couple weeks I had static earnings with 10-20k instalations peer day. When got more instalations peer day, earnings slowly increased. It’s very strange.

Yes, Dan, I have the same problem, the revenue is STATIC after integrating airpush for several days. This looks fake. While installation increases, but ad-request does NOT increase and revenue does NOT increase. Airpush is lying.

i have the same problem. my ecpm drops every day

I don’t know what’s wrong with your guy’s leadbolt, but my eCPM is very stable…around 4-5$…sure it’s not $10…but it’s consistant, airpush I have 7-8$ but…IDK…Stats seem weird like you all say. Besides, if your doing 3-5k$ a week with leadbolt, ask them for weeklies, I know they can do it

It is not unlikely that daily earning is connected to daily installations. New users are more engaged with push ads when they see the ad for the first time. Moreover, if you use push ads, many of your users will uninstall your app earlier than usual.

No, vitoralm. If your app gets uninstalled, you can know that from google play’s console. For me, my app’s uninstall rate is the same as when I used leadbolt. But airpush’s ad request data is far far fewer than leadbolt. So airpush made stupid fake stats which can be easily found out by us.

No, vitoralm. If your app gets uninstalled, you can know that from google play’s console. For me, my app’s uninstall rate is the same as when I used leadbolt. But airpush’s ad request data is far far fewer than leadbolt. So airpush made stupid fake stats which can be easily found out by us. And if you check ramzixp’s words, you can also find out airpush gives us money only for apps installed on one day, not all the days…

To further illustrate a point, on Christmas I had a 500 percent increase in revenue for my banner ads. Airpush gave me 25 percent increase.

So… are they stealing us our money ?

I switched from LB to airpush… and so far it’s doing better
I mean yeah of course the more installs, the more $ because the more people will be engaged,

Don’t know. I do know there’s diminishing returns for whatever reasons. Nothing we can do about it, and it’s currently the best “intrusive” ad network out there, according to others such as affiliatex.

I don’t know if it’s the best but currently it’s doing better then LB,

I think now the fact is that airpush calculates the ad request for only that day’s app installed number. This is proved by ramzixp and Christmas holiday’s increasing installs. I can foresee that the ad request of airpush will be decreased when holiday’s over.
As for why airpush give developer more revenue than LB, it should depend on ad-request and CPM, since revenue=ad-request(click)*CPM. If you have more ad-request, maybe you should stick with LB since you ad-request will definetly increase since LB give ad-request for the whole app-install-number. But if you have few installs, maybe you need to try airpush, since they have high CPM than LB which may give you more revenue even they give you ad-request only for 1 day…