Best way to integrate Google+ reviewing for an app?

I want to add a button in my live wallpapers and apps, so the usera easily can G+ the app and write a review. Which is the best way to do that?

Which text is most suitable for the button? “G+ this app”, “Rate this app” or “Write a review for this app”?

I assume that this would be a good way of getting more reviews for the app and improve its rank on G play?

Button’s seem to get overlooked alot, using a dialog to ask them to rate is a little more effective I think. I use a variant of this sample code: Presenting, Appirater - Arash Payan | Blog

Instead of 30 days and 15 runs of the app, I use 0 days and 5 runs for when to present the dialog. In one of my games I present the dialog when the user has beaten a puzzle, instead of a time or number of runs count.

That code looks really good, but it is for iPhone. Do you know any code that works for Android?

Oops, sorry here is the android version. Prompt engaged users to rate your app in the Android market (AppiRater) - Android Snippets

Thanks, that worked! A certain number of G+ is listed on the apps on Google play. Is there anyway to make the users G+ the app also?

Which is more important now, getting G+’ or getting reviews?

I’m not sure how important G+'s are. Rating’s will affect if people decide to install your app or not, G+'s is like free advertising and will spread the word about your app. I think they also affect your app’s ranking, or if they get listed on the trending list; not sure.

You can change the dialog of the apprater to ask them something like “Be sure to hit the G+ button when you rate, thanks!”

I see. I have added the reviewing link to 2 of my apps and works really good there.

I wonder if there is any way to add reviewing links to live wallpapers? I got this error when I added the code to the service class of a live wallpaper:

: Activity astral.worldstriall.AstralEffects has leaked window com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView@4125cca0 that was originally added here
12-17 13:03:36.574: E/WindowManager(27921): android.view.WindowLeaked: Activity astral.worldstriall.AstralEffects has leaked window com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView@4125cca0 that was originally added here
12-17 13:03:36.574: E/WindowManager(27921):

Not sure what the problem is, but it may be because your calling it from the service. Try calling it from your options activity.

I updated part of the code so it doesn’t require hard coding package name and application name:

APP_TITLE = "this game"; // in case detecting doesn't work
    	APP_PNAME = mContext.getPackageName();
    	PackageManager pm = mContext.getPackageManager();
		List<ResolveInfo> launchablePrograms = pm
                .queryIntentActivities(new Intent(Intent.ACTION_MAIN), 0);

for (int i = 0; i < launchablePrograms.size(); i++) {
        	//Gdx.app.log("test", launchablePrograms.get(i).activityInfo.name);            
    	  ActivityInfo info = launchablePrograms.get(i).activityInfo;
    	  try {
    		if(info.processName.equals(APP_PNAME))
    	  	{
	    	    CharSequence c = pm.getApplicationLabel(pm.getApplicationInfo(info.processName, PackageManager.GET_META_DATA));
	    	    APP_TITLE = c.toString();
    	  	}
    	  }catch(Exception e) {
    	    //Name Not FOund Exception
    	  }
    	}

I put this code at the beginning of showRateDialog function instead of the one that was there already.

Xdebux, you were right. It works if I add the code to the settings class of the live wallpapers! I have added this code to 8 of my apps and I have already seen an increase in reviews.

Do you know if it is possible to add a similar code, which tells the users to G+ the app? This could make the apps go viral on G+. I have also heard that the rating of the app on Google Play increases with the number of G+'s. It would be interesting to compare if G+ or reviewing gives the best result.

The g+ button for your app is on the same page as where they rate it. So it most people just ask them to hit the g+ button when they rate. It would be awesome if you could put a g+ button in your app that is linked to the g+ button on your market page. I’ll look into if theres a way to do this.

Here’s how to add a g+ button to your app: https://developers.google.com/+/mobile/android/recommend#initialize_the_plusclient

Google+ API Shutdown  |  Google+ Platform  |  Google for Developers

XdebugX:

Have you actually done this - it seems to be slightly more complicated i.e. requires signup etc.:

No, I haven’t actually done this myself. It looked too complicated to me too.

This looks interesting. I wonder if I’ll be able to put the +1 on the action bar though.