Who advertises in your apps? Follow the money

Here’s a quick post for people wondering where the money comes from in the advertising that displays in your app. I notice a lot of developers here just want an ad network that pays well and want nothing else to do with it. I feel this is leaving money on the table. A lot of advertisers are big brands with big ad budgets to waste on display networks. This is the advertiser everyone loves. The ads aren’t that annoying and completely legit

Another advertiser is the affiliate marketer. I was an affiliate marketer from about 2006 to 2011. It’s basically scamming. There were many niches I ran with in that time but one of my biggest earners were ringtones. You all know the scam, you’re promised a ringtone and your phone is auto-billed $20 a month or whatever. I was under no illusion who signed up to these things, stupid adults and kids. I sent my links to an affiliate network who sent it to the advertiser like Jamster who actually had the SMS short codes to bill. I was paid about $15 per lead, or pin submit from the affiliate network. The advertister made money, the affiliate network made money, the traffic source made money and I made money. It was good while it lasted but most traffic sources ban these ads now and the Florida AG sued a lot of the companies advertising free ringtones. Also, it seems every sucker has been had and consumers know about the scam.

You might have noticed Battery Booster apps or signal booster apps or whatever are big on push networks now. How are these apps monetised? The user is urged to upgrade to a ‘full’ version, where the apps sends revere SMS messages that bill them about $20 a month. A lot of the ringtone companies who have the shortcodes are pushing these apps. I see them on all the old affiliate networks. Affiliate marketers are advertising on ad networks like Airpush and Leadbolt pushing these ads. So the affiliate marketers are making money, the affiliate networks are making money and the advertiser is making money. But you’re the one with the popular apps. You’re the ONLY intermediary with the Warren Buffett moat. There is little barriers of entry to being an affiliate network or affiliate marketer. They can easily be eliminated and you can send traffic direct to the advertiser. But most advertisers won’t deal with you unless you’ve a huge app and also they’re slow to get money off. The affiliate network provided a good service. They let anyone signup and pay you for leads before they’re paid from the advertiser. For this, they take a cut which ranges from $1 to nearly $5 a lead. So make sure to negotiate a good price. Only suckers take the street price. Remember, networks are a dime a dozen, popular apps are not.

Here’s some payouts for battery apps on Neverblue, a big network. It’s very hard to get into this network though. Chinese scammers were filling out offers with stolen credit cards so they’ve to be careful who they accept.
CA - Jamster - Rogers - Battery Saver - Android Traffic Only - Mobile Optimized - $11.25 - Neverblue
USÂ - Jamster - AT&T - Battery Defender (Android Traffic Only) - Mobile Optimized - $10.50 - Neverblue

Anyway, this is a long enough post. I’ve more details to add but I’m not sure if I’m wasting my time and this gets no replies!

Thank you.
this is something i haven’t seen before. i have never thought to integrate affiliate marketing to apps.
however
CA - Jamster - Rogers - Battery Saver - Android Traffic Only - Mobile Optimized - $11.25 - Neverblue
USÂ - Jamster - AT&T - Battery Defender (Android Traffic Only) - Mobile Optimized - $10.50 - Neverblue

is this revenue per day or month or etc?