Sunrise Sunset

Hi Everybody,

I guess this post will serve as a combination of introduction and app promotion. My name is Zach, and I’m a software engineer living in Pennsylvania, USA. On the side, I started a project that wound up being named Cactus Man Software. I occasionally blog about my apps and experiences at www.cactusmansoftware.com. I really need to work on posting more frequently.

I also recently completed a new app called Sunrise Sunset. The idea of this app is that by using your current location and the date, we can calculate what time the sun will set, and how much visible light is left in the day. I like to hike in my spare time, and I wanted something to let me know how much farther I could go without having to walk home in the dark. Android Market link is below:

Sunrise Sunset

My goal for this app is to create a relatively popular and well-reviewed app first, then figure out how to make money off it later. I have no idea if this is going to work, but I figure it’s a worthwhile experiment! So please check out my app. If you like it, give me a good rating! If there’s something you think I could do to make it better, I’d love to hear that as well.

Thanks!
Zach