little help?

I’ve heard a lot of folk saying that their average downloads during the New App phase hover around 100/day. My app has been out for a couple of weeks, and it seems to hover around 12/day.

Does anyone see anything on my landing page that might be particularly off-putting?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.air.com.rfg.apps.DDFreeAND

Thank you for your help.

Look nice.

100/day is not that common. I Struggled to get more than a few downloads a day in the first months. Work on your marketing plan. Write to all the Android sites that review games. Place a link on all Android forums that allow you to post your app. And if all fails, you could try advertisements.

Thanks Martin.

I’ve posted on a dozen or so Android forums. That gave me a boost to average around ~23-24 downloads/day for 4 days or so.

I will start pushing marketing more next week. I will make sure to write to Android review sites and hopefully get some reviews!

Jesus, the graphics quality in this match 3 game is top notch! Did you create the images yourself? If not, how much did your graphics guy cost? Could you send me his contact details?!

I say conversion rates once users hit your Play page are high. The problem is discoverability. You’re in a high competition category and obviously posting low numbers. Also, you’re not going to come up in any searches for dogs and nobody is searching for ‘detective dogs’ (yet!). If I was you, I’d throw money at a concentrated pay-per-install program to get you up the Brain and Puzzle charts for a day or two. It might be a big initial outlay but I can really seeing this take off once the daily top charts browsers come across it.

I’ve never actually done a PPI campaign myself so I’m just guessing here. So don’t blame me if it doesn’t work!

Thanks for your feedback, and your praise.

I hired two contractors for the art, one for the characters (the dogs) and one for everything else. The deal that I was able to work out with them was a small flat fee and a share of the profit. If you are serious about having their details, please PM me with your needs and your contact info and I’d be happy to try to hook you up.

What does it take to get into the Brain and Puzzle charts?