How to find the most common search words on Google play?

Is there any way to find the most common search words on Google play? I can’t find them in the Google play developer panel.

Google are unlikely to give that information. I wrote a PHP scraper to grab all the autosuggest words when you enter different 3 letter combinations in the Play store search box starting at ‘aaa’, ‘aab’ and so on. So I’ve got a big list of words but no clue how often each word is searched on so it’s kind of useless.

Actually, you don’t need to know how often those words are searched for. Only how often they will be shown in results. Grab the descriptions for the top 100 apps in each category and then cross-reference with your existing database. Then remove ‘and’, ‘the’, etc… (and PM me the results please so I don’t need to go do this myself !!!)

would love to have this list :slight_smile: Would not mind paying a bit for it even!!!

AppBrain’s apptimizer will show you the search popularity of the words in your app description. You can look at competitors apps and find other popular search words. Apptimizer report for Word Search Puzzle. Score: 92

I looked at that once, but I don’t have much faith in it. Reasons:

1. Does not include terms used by reviewers. Google Play search uses this heavily. Pro tip: If you cannot legally refer to another app, get your users to do it for you! Your app will then show up in searches for your competitor app’s name!
  2. It shows that I need to use Proguard in my apps. Well, I do. If they cannot get something this simple correct… meh… shitlisted!

I got an email from another service that offers search optimization. SearchMan, https://searchman.com/how-it-works/ They offer a free trial with limited views, and also a paid for service. They show you keywords not in your description that your competitor’s apps have. AppBrain’s apptimizer also does this, but SearchMan seems to offer more stats on the keywords. After using the free service some, I don’t think it’s worth paying for though. Mostly because the competitor’s apps that they glean keyword suggestions from often didn’t match my app; and I couldn’t find out how to add different competitors in the limited page views they offered.

I would like to buy such a list as well.

I would buy the following lists:

top 100 keyword searches in Google Play, divided by SPACE.
top 300 apps divided by SPACE.
top 1000 searches divided by ENTER.
top 5000 apps divided by ENTER.

If you can provide anything of the above, please PM me with your price.
Please support your lists by the proof this is definitely top searches/apps.

They show you keywords not in your description that your competitor’s apps have. AppBrain’s apptimizer also does this, but SearchMan seems to offer more stats on the keywords. After using the free service some, I don’t think it’s worth paying for though. Mostly because the competitor’s apps that they glean keyword suggestions from often didn’t match my app;???