IRC channel...

Hi guys,
What Do you think about having an IRC channel to chat directly?

David, are eventually available to setup it?

Cheers,
Gabriele
[hr]
Hi guys,
I temporary setup one irc channel.
If you want to join it now you need to click on the following link:
http://webchat.freenode.net/

provide Nickname (any name you like it) and Channels = #makingmoneywithandroid

put the reCAPTCHA and click connect.

Love the idea. Exchanging ideas with Solirify and Megasoft. Nice chat option. It would be nice if David would accept this.

Love the idea aswell.

Hi guys,
I talked with DroidCracker and Solirify and I saw Max appearing but I was not at pc.
If anyone want to join I’ll be there for a couple of hours.

Cheers,
Gabriele

Good idea!

Sounds like a plan. I’ll add it to my BNC later :slight_smile:

Meh… why not just slap up a irc channel on one of the major networks like effnet ? Then add some bots to maintain ops, and we are gtg.

mind,
it’s fine for me.
is it possible to access to that network without an irc client using browser?

It’s just for simplicity. :slight_smile:

Quakenet FTW!

I also use Quakenet, but it doesnt matter i can open two network windows on my irc-client…

So can I, but my main bouncer lives on Quakenet so I can leave it idling in chan :stuck_out_tongue:

Good idea! I’ve been visiting the “temporary” channel, and it seems like a realtime chat works well in this context. Just a bit short on numbers at this stage. :slight_smile:

I just added a new menu item to the website - “Join the IRC Discussion”. This leads to an embedded freenode client. Hopefully adding this to the main page will help increase the participants.

At the moment freenode seems to be working pretty well - and I see megasoft78 has the channel registered. Is there any great benefit to using something like QuakeNet? I’m not very savvy with IRC, but it seems that a lot of open source projects use freenode these days. And it doesn’t look quite as easy to maintain channel ownership on QuakeNet…

Hi David,
Very good idea about the menu!
I think you should write a simple post to show it to users.
I think most of the users get used to the menu and don’t even see it. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Gabriele

There’s a bot called Q that manages channel ownership, assignment of voice/ops etc.

Blog post published: http://makingmoneywithandroid.com/2012/11/making-money-with-android-on-irc/

For now we might as well stick with Freenode, if that works for everyone.