Leadbolt fillrate

Hi there,

Since Leadbolt does not show us the fill rate of their ads, I would like to know how’s your fillrate guys. I “feel” the fillrate for notification ads is very low right now, maybe because of the new Google Policy.

I mean, I’m getting a high number of installs from some of my apps but the impressions almost always stay the same day after day. I’ve double checked the code to see if there is something wrong but it doesn’t seem so…

LOL there’s a reason they don’t publish fill rate – because it’s terribly low. MobFox used to do this, since they would basically only fill Euro traffic they wouldn’t publish their fill rate, and a lot of inexperienced developers would get excited about the deceptively high CPM. They knew if they published their fill rate, developers would be outty ! :wink: MobFox now publishes their fill rate though. IMO it’s pretty ridiculous for any network not to publish fill rate.

Folks, if you’re not seeing a Fill Rate then the CPM is completely worthless. If a network is just filling countries like US, then your CPM will seem very high even though the overall revenue is much lower.

If you have a lot of international traffic, INMOBI is really awesome. They can fill countries which nobody else can !!

That is true.

The problem is that there are certain countries for which the Advertisers do not pay as much if anything at all and then there are those for which the price is high. So lets say Country A is getting lower bids than country B and you have traffic in A & B, then your overall eCPM would be low.

This is why I tell developers that in a perfect world, where all countries got the same bids, we would give you $100 eCPMs and I would pack up and move to Hawaii and work out of my lovely beach house sipping on margaritas.

I’m sure developers appreciate this transparency. And it should be transparent. We’re in it to work together.

So the trick to getting higher eCPMs with any network is to actually get traffic in higher paid countries.

I should blog about this stuff.

What’s your average fillrate ?

off-topic: anyone noticed changes in LeadBolt refferal program, from 10% to 1% revenue? :slight_smile:

Copy/paste:

“”“1% of Revenue for publisher referrals , 10% of Yield for advertiser referrals”“”

On my Dashboard I still see:

Start promoting LeadBolt and you could make even more revenue! Simply get people to sign up using your special referral link below and you could receive additional bonus payments ( 2% of Revenue for publisher referrals , 10% of Yield for advertiser referrals ) based on their revenue / spending.

This referral revenue is paid by LeadBolt in addition to the revenue the publishers you referred have earned. All publishers you refer will be paid 100% of the revenue they have earned.

Several months ago this used to read “20% of revenue for publisher referrals”, but I believe this was a misprint - they meant “20% of LeadBolt’s share of publisher earnings”, which turns out to be 2%. For the past few months it has been showing 2% for me.

I’ll be pretty annoyed if they do bring it down to 1%. I’ve referred over 500 publishers to date, and it was just starting to bring in a decent amount of money. Where did you see the 1% mentioned?

Hi David,

It used to be 10% for me… now down to 1% also. Referral revenues have gone pathetically low too. Once when I blogged about Leadbolt being a sinking titanic ( http://www.mobiadage.com/2012/06/is-leadbolt-sinking-titanic.html ) my referral revenues shot up almost immediately. It is gone real lousy now though.

It looks like leadbolt is giving you higher referral revenues due to your blog’s popularity. An advertising expense on their side perhaps?

Maybe that is also why you’re the only person getting super high eCPMs for the wall implementation too?

Cheers!

I was thinking the exact same thing. They seem to be using David in order to keep us using them.

Yesterday I got 36k more impressions(35% more) than previous day, but eCPM droppe from 1.44$ to 1.19$. Do they setup something? Maybe fillrate :slight_smile:

Hi there mbbwdevil, this is the proof I was waiting for. Yesterday I also got much more impressions, which confirms they usually have a crap fill rate, which confirms we are losing money by using them.

And you are right about the eCPM drop. They seem to adjust the eCPM depending on the fillrate. Yesterday the eCPM for notification ads in one of my apps was about $0.50 ! So I’m seriously thinking about removing notification ads…

Oh, did I mention they don’t pay you the CPA campaigns ? 50 clicks on an app icon but no revenue ($0.00) ??? Come on!

It really looks like the “good old days” of Leadbolt are gone… except for David of course… :smiley:

+20,000 notficiations yesterday,
so I guess that Androider was right about fillrate

however I also remember the case when somebody changed LB into AP and got much less notifications on AP than on LB

I agree - it’s starting to look like I’m the odd one out with LeadBolt. Both in eCPM, and now in referral ratio. There aren’t a lot of reasonable causes I can think of at this stage. Will be emailing my account manager to see if I can get any answers from their end.

Although I find it hard to believe they would so blatantly skew the figures for a single blogger. Realistically speaking, if I am getting great revenue but everybody else on this forum is getting nothing, LeadBolt is still not getting a good reputation.

The other interesting thing, is that my referral ratio was 20% (later adjusted down to 2%) right from the moment I signed up. I specifically remember checking it out. At this stage nobody would have been able to associate my registration with the blog.

I didn’t notice any change in my referral revenues when the Dashboard changed from saying “20%” to “2%”. This seems to confirm my theory that the original was a mis-print, and I had actually been getting 2% all along.

So basically I’ve had the same rate since sign-up. Which doesn’t make sense, since others here were only seeing 10% on their account at sign-up. I simply don’t see how they could have picked out my account for special treatment from the very moment I registered. I didn’t use an affiliate link or anything - just a plain Google search & then registration (unless there was an old cookie hanging around or something).

Actually I think that was related to the number of new-vs-returning users. Now that my app is out of the Top New Free list, new users have dropped dramatically. Impressions have gone down every day since then, but also eCPM - it was only $10.80 yesterday.

I had 0.07$ yesterday, while $10 the day before. :slight_smile: Seems quite random.

Our Average Fill Rate is currently 85%

Hope this helps

Cheers
Chandler

I agree…this definitely explains why David gets such high eCPM from leadbolt’s appwall – he has sent them 500 developers ! sooo jealous of you :wink: I need to start my own blog LOL.

Hello,

Yes we do show fill rate. It is located on the reporting tab. Send me your PUB ID and I can walk you through it.

Please PM

Cheers

Where exactly is it located? I have columns like that:
Date App Name Views/Imps Clicks ECPM EPC CTR Revenue

[quote=Magnesus]
Where exactly is it located? I have columns like that:
Date App Name Views/Imps Clicks ECPM EPC CTR Rev

Can you PM me so I can look at and SKYPE call to show you? It’s actually pretty easy?

Thanks

Frank