android:minSdkVersion

I have the following in my manifest:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="7"
          android:targetSdkVersion="15" />

However, I have users with Android 2.1 and 2.2 complain they cannot download the latest version from Google Play.

Any idea why ?

Is there another factor restricting them perhaps? When I upload APKs to Google Play, it often deduces extra requirements (such as touchscreen, portrait-mode device).

Maybe some of your users are running Android 2.1 on a device which doesn’t support one of these requirements?

Also some custom firmware phones have problems with Google Play access so many apps don’t show for them.

Nope… I have not touched thesdk stuff in ages… Someone just wanted to play with a friend, and their friend does not have it as available on their copy of Google Market or Google Play.

Do you use openGL? I think play filters based on which tectures you support. Also check which countries youve made it available in? I once didnt realize I had “rest of the word except for” a few countries.

No opengl and no countries excluded…

Do you use a “<supports-screens” line in your manifest? If so which screens are you supporting? Play also filters based on screen size.

Yup:

&lt;supports-screens 
           android:smallScreens="false"
           android:normalScreens="true" 
           android:largeScreens="true"
           android:xlargeScreens="true" 
           android:anyDensity="false"/&gt;

But the guy is reporting a Tablet not being supported… wtf?

Do you know what devices these are on?

With that the market is going to filter out QVGA (less than 320x480). As far as a tablet not being supported, theres lots of cheapo tablets thsat don’t have the official play market on them. I bet its something to do with his “market”.

Are you sure? Isn’t 320x480 considered “normal” in Google Play? Small Screens are 320x240 I think. But I might be wrong.

Yeah, 320x480 is norrmal. I said less than.