One month after new Google TOS

Developers,

Its been a month since the new Google TOS went into effect entirely.

I’ll speak for SendDroid and say that we have seen 0 bans with our developers.

I don’t know if Google was just trying to scare people or it actually did enforce those terms.

Whatever the case is, I’m pleased to see that in the aftermath of their new TOS, we did not see any damage.

Its no secret that a lot of developers use multiple networks - so not getting banned reflects nicely on all networks.

Your thoughts?

I think its too early to tell. I think Google gives the developers some time to comply.

That is correct Martin.

I believe it gave developers 30 days to comply with the new TOS.

The time limit ended on 31st of August as I understand it.

Perhaps Google is being lenient.

I think so, 30 days is a bit short. Maybe they need to adjust their test code too.

There was a game that was showing notifications somehow - without notificaton permission - on Google Play - Frodo Free. It was not showing any EULA, opt-out and it was showing ads (notifications and full screen on unlock) without information from where they are after 31st of August - I just checked and it is gone from Google Play now. I don’t know what ad network was it using, almost certainly not any of the popular ones. It might have been removed because of the new policy or because it was pushing notifications somehow without notification permission, don’t know which though.

My guess would be that it probably used its home push system or something.