Publishing - with ads or without?

Hi there,

What do you think guys - is better to public app with ads from the beginning or wait for proper number of users with that? The main piont is about number of downloads…

What are advantages and disadvantages of both models?

Let’s discuss.

Paul

I feel the only reason to wait is if you expect to build a true business out of an app, such as Instagram. Not that they’re making money, but they gave users an uninterrupted social experience that helped user growth along with its reputation. And because of that they were able to make bank on their users without ads.

I’d probably throw ads in right away 99 percent of the time though.

Hi Paul,
I think is better to publish your app/game with ads from the begin because it seems you want to fake users.
If you publish without ads and after you get a lot of downloads you add the ads you will have a lot of bad rates and complains.

Thanks for replay.

So… what about following model - there is a free version of app with information just after installation - first 10 opens of app is without ads. The idea is to show user version without ads on the beginning… and after that probability that user buy pay version of app without ads is bigger?

Paul,
you can try but as far as I know I don’t think it will work.
You should keep it simple to understand to the users. That conditions could scare the users without any benefit.
I think if the users accept ads because your app/game is good enough than ok but I don’t think users that don’t like ads will download your app/game just because you tell them that the first 10 opens are ads free.
If they want your app/game ads free they should just pay a premium version.
:slight_smile:

Always assume the worse about users. I recently changed “exit” button to an X in some of my games and got a lot of bad reviews from people who don’t know how to close the game right now…