mAdserve - Open Source Mobile Ad Server

MobFox have just come out with an open source ad server - mAdserve. Apparently the platform supports a number of different ad networks for mediation, and runs on PHP/MySQL. It also has real-time reporting. Here’s the email announcement I received:

Hello!

We just launched mAdserve, world’s first open source mobile ad server, and we thought we’d reach out to selected Android Publishers to let them know.

mAdserve is based on PHP/MySQL, allows you to independently manage your ad inventory across direct-sold, house campaigns, and ad networks. The script integrates with over 30 mobile ad networks and RTB platforms and is available to download completely free of charge. More information & download at http://www.madserve.org

Best,
The mAdserve Team

This announcement was well timed for me - after my AdMob account was disabled I’m on the lookout for another mediation platform. If mAdserve works well, this would be an ideal solution as I would be able to run the platform on my own servers.

What do people think of this new platform?

I also received the e-mail. Sounds great. I’ll try it later maybe, it should be easy to add some analytics to it too (if it is not built in already). I wonder if you still need SDKs of those networks, or maybe it serves HTML ads?

I have also received this e-mail. I have installed in a free hosting server… The only problem is that mAdserve doesn’t support AdMob.
I am investigating how to sort this out in my app.

Any reviews on mAdserve mediation platform? Anyone use it?

I have installed it and just trying to mediate JumpTap, Millenial Media and InMobi by it, but it seems, like it is generating requests, but not delivering any impressions. Could anyone experienced tell me what’s wrong ?