Anyone using Pocketchange?

Hi guys,

Is anyone using Pocketchange? What do you think of it?

They offer Tokens (worth 0.01c real money) that you can give away to your users for playing your game.

I can’t find any information on how you can control giving away tokens. If users just need to start your app or stay 5 mins in it, I fear people will only start games, leave it aside running for a few moments and that way harvest through all apps offering this service to collect tokens. Without building up a stronger relationship to your app…

“Reward users for retention and engagement”

it sounds like joke,
especially on Android with it’s ultra high piracy rate

I use it in my games. Hard to estimate the impact but got a number of positive comments and no complaints :slight_smile:

You’re in control when to reward the user so you can code it as you like. The limit is (at least initially) to 1 token per day for a particular user. I award it after playing one level.

So you giving a user some virtual money and user can spent it on some things and how you (as developer) generate revenue from that?

PocketChange doesn’t generate any revenue for the developer directly. It just adds value to the game so that theoretically users come back to the game more often.

Thank you, than it is the similar thing as TapJoy but with out offer wall. You have a huge pick in downloads can you share what you done to achieve that? :slight_smile:

Well, it’s nothing like TapJoy - in TapJoy users earn money by doing something outside your app to spend inside your app while here they are doing something inside your app to spend outside :slight_smile:

About downloads - I simply bought it. I’m experimenting with boosting downloads in a particular country trying to see if this can get any significant impact on rankings locally. Hoping that targeted advertising may be more efficient than trying to reach worldwide audience. If you’ve seen a huge spike this probably means you live in this particular country :slight_smile: