Google Checkout - Public business website requirement

I was just signing up for my Google Merchant Account and noticed this:

“All merchants who use Google Checkout must provide a public business website URL. Your account may be suspended if you attempt to initiate transactions without providing your public business URL. If you sell your products or services on a market place, please update the web page URL that lists your products or services.”

Can I just point to my google play developer page?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id= XXX

Much thanks.

Probably not unfortunately.

I do have a domain name registered but wasn’t planning on setting up a web site. Which is to say that I didn’t schedule or budget for it.

Any suggestions for minimal cost/effort solutions that meet this requirement are appreciated.

Thanks.

I think this means your Google Play developer page. For example, if you’re selling physical goods in a marketplace like eCRATER, you would link to your individual shop on the eCRATER domain, since that’s where the products are listed. I’ve also heard that if you sell goods on different marketplaces, like having a shop on eCRATER and Bonanza, you would need a separate Google Checkout account for each. So it fits that you associate one Google Checkout account with your eCRATER URL and the other with your Bonanza URL, and customers can find the exact site where they purchased stuff.

So for apps, the market place is Google Play, and the “web page URL that lists your products or services” is the Google Play developer page. It is, after all, the exact site where customers can purchase the products.

I could just be interpreting this incorrectly. Am I wrong?
[hr]

Edit to add - Googling around a bit, I found this forum thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1119981

According to that thread’s OP, Google says: “To process transactions through Google, you must specify the website where your transactions take place as the Public Business URL in your account.”

Transactions take place on Google Play. So the URL you list should be on Google Play’s domain… is how I’m interpreting this.

That makes sense to me, since the developer page is exactly this:
“the web page URL that lists your products or services”

I’m afraid I’ve become rather paranoid about account suspensions after reading about other people’s difficulties and frustrations.

Thanks for looking into it and for responding with this. Barring anyone sharing better wisdom / experience, I will go forward using my developer page.

Well, I’m linking to my company page where there is no mention of my Android games. I think I will have to update it.

That makes sense to me, since the developer page is exactly this:
“the web page URL that lists your products or services”

I’m afraid I’ve become rather paranoid about account suspensions after reading about other people’s difficulties and frustrations.

Thanks for looking into it and for responding with this. Barring anyone sharing better wisdom / experience, I will go forward using my developer page.

I am not 100% sure I am correct, so I’m also eager to hear other people’s experience and wisdom.

I don’t think you’re paranoid at all. Someone on this forum got his Google Merchant account suspended because of a mistake in the settings/info: