Leadbolt Optin - Is SplashScreen Optin mandatory?

Hi,

I was going through the LB documentation and was wondering is it mandatory to implement the Splash Screen optin for LB ?

issue 1: in Google Developer Content Policy there is nothing about required opt-in

issue 2: firstly LeadBolt claimed that “backend” changes are enough, now says that “We strongly recommend all apps using this USDK call the loadOptin() function prior to loadNotification() or loadIcon()”

issue 3: I have asked LeadBolt PM if some apps were suspended just for using toast notification, and he replied “I have seen not heard on my end”

I use 3.06 without opt-in (so only ‘toast notification’)

yes kakofonia…that’s what troubling me…to do it or not to do it :frowning:

No, it’s not mandatory, but no way I’m giving the user the option to cut my revenue. It they don’t want notification ads, I don’t give them the right to use my application, period. That’s my license. Besides that, I clearly state in the description of all my apps that I use notification ads, if they don’t like ads, there is a full version without ads. I need to pay bills, and I don’t think anyone in any other job would work for free, because we all need to eat and have money to survive.

That’s 100% true!! I totally agree with you on this. Thanks for info my man.
One more thing…I’m also planning to put the “Disclaimer” sort of section in my apps description and notify the user abt the ads and stuff. Do we need to follow some sort of specific format for this? Is there some specific format in which the disclaimer should be written? If it’s ok, can you pls share your “Disclaimer” section here so we all can know how to properly create one?
TIA…

according to my friend LeadBolt opt-in is generating

android.view.WindowManager$BadTokenException…

error

Yeah, it is badly implemented, it is ugly to integrate on some apps, and it only comes in english language. I just can’t believe they want us to use that crap.