Admob dropped cpm

Hello all,

anyone experienced a very huge drop in eCpm for admob these last days ?

I went from 0.40ecpm to 0.20ecpm ( basically my incomes are now the half ) .

Does anyone experience the same behaviour ?

Here i attach the screen capture of the cpm graph from 1st of august to 27 of august.

[attachment=204]
Cheers, :slight_smile:

Yes, it is dropping for a week or two or even longer. I’m waiting for 1st September hoping it will change. If not - I will have to add another networks (I’m already working on leadbolt).

@Magnesus : thanks for your reply.

I’ve other apps using admob. on thoose i don’t experience such a drop.

I also experience such a drop. I checked CPM in general for all apps: it drop from 0.95 to 0.67.

I’ve gone from 80 cents ecpm to 30 as of yesterday. Cpc is about 1.5. But still, the fill rate makes up or for the other two networks I’ve been using which is Mobfox and inMobi.

Has anyone tried appbrain banner ads? I love their interstitials, just haven’t tried their banner option yet.

Also curious if millennia media or even just mopub is worth it.

I forgot they have banners, I will definetely try them, maybe even this week (I’m releasing a new game and want to give it alternative ads).

Are appbrains interstitials and banners cpc or cpi ?

Interstitials are almost certainly CPI. I don’t know yet about the banners. In test mode they show only “get more free apps” and download button (probably leading to the same appwall as interstitials).

PS. Almost certainly also CPI because AppBrain offers to promote your app in CPI model only.

I will probably set admob mediation to show appbrain ads 5% of the time to test it. Integrating was very easy but I had to set width of the adview because otherwise appbrain banner took all width available.

my admob cpm dropped from $.55 to $.30 for the past 6 days but today has recovered thankfully.

my admob cpm dropped 50%. :frowning: no signs of recovery :frowning:

Well, we’ll see on monday I think if the new months brings a change. If not - the situation is quite bad. Mediation with a few different ad networks might be a solution though.

lol I spoke too soon…my cpm’s recovered yesterday but today are even worse than the previous drop ! I am getting only $.15 CPM today wtf admob that is practically useless !!!

Change to Leadbolt! Really, I don’t know why anyone uses Admob except for backfill… and that is AFTER you already failed to get backfill from another network.

Well, I always had better CPM from admob than anyone here reported on Leadbolt which was a good reason to continue using only admob especially since it had 99% fill. But it is changing now dramatically. I plan on releasing a new game tomorrow I will experiment with few networks in one app in it probably.

these cpm’s are truly disgusting, I’m switching to Millenial for banner → Bye Bye Admob !!!

I’ve been trying Millenial’s banner ads since yesterday and performance is awesome, I recommend them ! eCPM ~$.80 which is great for any banner ads but especially for me considering my traffic is slightly heavier in Asia which tends to pay lower.

I still have eCPM $0.98 on adMob so higher than you state for Millenial (but two times lower than earlier this year, and lowest I ever had). But that is because I have CTR 3-4%. I wonder if it will stay that high in other network… I’ll be making experiments next week to test that, first with leadbolt though.

FYI I am now getting $1.05 eCPM on Millenial yesterday and today – great banner ads product even with my Asia-heavy traffic! My eCPM started at $.80 with them and has been continuously rising, so I think maybe they keep new pubs at a lower revshare until post-click conversion quality is proven.

The support from Millenial is 100x better than Admob.

What’s your CTR for this CPM?

~2.7%