Ad placement in a specific game

I need an advice on ad placement for my new game.

Here is a screenshot: http://a.wieza.iq.pl/media/fluffiesfull.jpg
The game requires “pushing” (dragging) of the “fluffies” so they reach the portal. I normally put normal admob banner ads but in this game I’m concerned it would cripple gameplay on smaller devices.

My idea right now is to put them on bigger devices (8 inch and larger) but on smaller show them only in menu and when paused. I’m afraid it won’t get much impressions though. What else can I do in such game? I have in-app payments planned for later, but first I want it to relay only on ads…

admob does not have ads filling the width of the screen in landscape - even when using the smartbanner you will get ads with a height of 32dips maximum … that’s pretty small instead of heaving the normal 50dip banners.

To raise user experience you can add a “close button” next to the ad (like I did in Robo Miner) … so users have some sort of opt-out (you could re-activate the ad after some time, i.e. after each level or after 10 levels, or after menu, however it fits your game without disturbing too much.

When the ad was closed by user you could present link to adfree version for example … thing is, you are interacting with the user.

Thanks, great ideas! I’ll go with them.