can we compare real CPCs on banner ads?

Just because admob reached another low peak in CPC (Cost Per Click) I would be interested in comparing average CPCs of different ad networks.

To make them compareable you should take severall thousends clicks as the base of calculation.

admob had an average CPC of only 0.019$ (~2.500 clicks) yesterday (normally >0.03) … low enough to think about alternatives.

what are your CPCs?

I only use admob, but from what yall have been reporting I have a pretty high cpc from admob. Last month averaged CPC of 0.045, eCPM of 0.48; ~4000 clicks. Yesterday I had CPC of 0.035.

Around $0.08 on Leadbolt … but it is based on CPA so that is effective CPC.

$0.0266 for adMob :frowning:

@mind - do you know your average click to action ratio for Leadbolt?

I also have 0.026 for yesterday - eCPM $0.93, which is the first time I see it being below $1. That will really hit my revenue. I’m in the process of diversing right now (adding appbrain and leadbolt and selling paid version) but admob is still my main source of income.

pretty sure we currently have a bad market position for publishers … too much offer for low demand… too much adspace available - so I would be interested to know if different networks have more advertisers :slight_smile:

http://www.reiti.net/personal-blog/blog/143/mobile-advertisement-bidding-system

@magnesus - 0.93 is quite high for this CPC. That means you have CTR around 3%. I have one third of that. What refresh ratio do you have?

I’m also integrating other networks now and finding it much harder to do well than I anticipated. There’s surprisingly little good information on how to code it properly and which network to choose.

I’m going to try Millennial and MobFox soon with Leadbolt coming right after. Also integrated Inneractive but the ads I’m seeing are quite dodgy and I would rather not risk Google saying the ‘swipe here to unlock’ ad is a violation of the rules :slight_smile:

Which other networks did someone tried and can recommend? Banners only, no notification or other aggressive solutions.

Standard one.

I’m going to make a quick note on your “interested to know if different networks have more advertisers” comment - I agree that advertisers are not creating great ads for mobile (coming from an advertising background, I can say they just don’t know how and are behind the times) and the dollars are slow in coming… plus as your blog post mentions, CPC is not working as well on mobile. (As the globe moves to mobile, advertising dollars lag far behind - The Verge)

But there are some ad networks that are starting to get it, and the key is to use the strengths of mobile - locally targeted ads, often for food or activities that can be offered in short engagement times. We at AppKey have found that the best advertisers for this space are local deals - so we integrated with Groupon, Yelp, Mobile Spinach and Restaurant.com, which offer great deals and solid affiliate income. If you’re looking for an alternative (user friendly, completely opt-in and offering download incentives) option that is compliant with Google Play rules, consider giving a new network a try…

Hannah / www.appkey.com / [email protected]

Ahhhh Hannah… now if Only Appkey did banner ads :slight_smile:

I had over 6% CTR on banner ads for a local food deal creative by a household name. There is a LOT of money to be made if only the advertisers would get their act together!

my CPC is decreased. :frowning:
Yesterday : 496 click and revenue 3.91$ ecpm 0.10$ (Admob)
/sorry, my poor english

my CPC For yesterday was 0.013 from admob
and for today so far 0.033

CPC for this month 0.015, CTR 0.96%:dodgy:

vary low CPC, because most of user use my apps from middle east.

mm… this day was 0.016 CPC … whatever, the current usage seems to be out of “the big states” so that will have a big influence on the CPC - I wonder if there are any networks better suited (i dont think so)

You guys should try Leadbolt for banner ads.

Yesterday: eCPC $0.09…

i may give it a try :slight_smile: