Big advertisers and notification ads

Hi all,

Last days I noticed a big ad campaign of Samsung on airpush, including notificiation ads and home screen icons.
A big company like Samsung would not want to be associated with bad advertising experience… So it seems they don’t think those kind of ads so annoying… :slight_smile:

hm … samsung is samsung … it is not proofed, that one hand knows what the other hand does in such a big company :slight_smile:

I have seen a lot of people talk negatively about Push Notifications and I think a lot of developers have just taken it to be true because of how repetitive it is…but the truth is that Push Notifications are actually effective…that is why you make more money with those ads as a developer and as an advertiser, you get better results too…
To be honest…I think in time all the negativity will settle down…and notification ads would be treated as any other ad unit…
I don’t know what the reaction of people was on banner ads when they first came out…but in some of the apps that I use, I do not like banner ads at all…they make the app slower and my experience as a user is hugely effected…to the point that I have many times deleted the app…
I’m sure there are others like me…I know people with similar experiences as well…
There are no ads that are actually welcomed by the user…and I don’t think they ever will be as well…
I for one, actually prefer buying an app for $0.99, as they mostly cost that much, over X’ing ads out or putting up with the ads that are just shoved in your face…