AndroidZoom 50$ Free

Hi guys,
I recently registered to AndroidZoom as developer and they give me 50$ free to promote my game but when I try to setup a campaign it says that it’s started but I don’t see any impressions/clicks.
I even tried CPC 1$ but it doesn’t start. I leave it running for few days but nothing happen! :frowning:
Anyone have experience with that?

I sent them 2 emails few days ago but I haven’t get any reply. I also search on internet but I didn’t found anything.

Could you help me?

Cheers,
Gabriele

Hi there,

I registered to a similar service called Appflood.com and they gave me 1000 free credits. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven’t still received a single install.

I guess we get what we pay for :s

Hi,

I also tried it with one of my games. I set the start date, the CPC to 0.10$, and the campaign limit to 10$. Some minutes later I checked the androidzoom page and I saw my game on the top of the app list marked as sponsored.

It last for a few minutes and gone. I checked the developer page and a saw this (see attached picture). In few minutes the sponsored link reached the 10$ limit because 117 people clicked on it with the 0.10$ CPC.

[attachment=194]

But I say it’s not worth it, at least with this small money 117 clicks for 10$ and I not recognize so much effect, maybe more money, but at this time I don’t have any money to marketing.

Cheers,
5tr4u55

@megasoft i just see your game as a sponsored entry in casual games on androidzoom :slight_smile:

hi reiti.net,
On AndroidZoom I can see 88 clicks but not big difference in admob.
Actually my game is visible just in Italy and I don’t know how to improve visibility in US.
It’s strange because it’s a very simple game and it’s not language dependent like words games.

Do you have any suggestion?

No because I struggle myself to get a good visibility in the US … don’t know the reason for it - most of my downloads are coming from germany.

Maybe we from europe does not use the US types of promotion :slight_smile:

also a click must not mean an install of your app - that’s true for nearly every ad, not every click does convert. In the end clicks on android are cheap when comparing to clickprices on the web :slight_smile:

reiti.net,
I have an idea.
Can we find a way to cross promoting our games?
I mean my download are 99% from Italy and your from Germany. What if we cross promoting our game and you get my users and I get yours?
We can try for a week.
I have about 150-200 downloads per day but yesterday I get 477 downloads because I get a review from an italian website.
Do you have a game with similar downloads?
I think we both get benefit from that.
I’m using admob. Can we use that for cross promoting?

Hi Megasoft and Reiti. I like your idea of cross promoting each others apps. Most of my downloads are from the US, maybe I can help you get US users. I would prefer to use ad-mob house ads; but the only problem with that is how to equalize the impressions for each other. I guess we could try to calculate how much percentage to show based on the apps daily impressions, and then adjust based on number of actual impressions. But also it depends on each other being honest about our ad-mob settings/reports. If you’d like to try it here is a list of my apps and impressions per day, if you’d like to try to match one:

Party Light Free - approx. 6k impressions per day.
Word Search Puzzle - ~6k per day.
DagazEhwas - ~300 per day.
Otto’s Toy Chest Lite - ~100 per day.
Stop Alarm - ~ 50 per day.

Also we could show in multiple apps to try to combine to match same impressions.

Hi XdebugX,
I think we setup a number of impressions will exchange.
I was thinking about 1k per day and try it for a week.
In your applications list we need to select an app that make sense to promote in Italy.
For instance

• Stop Alarm is US specific right?
  • Word Search Puzzle is just in English.

I think Party Light Free could be a good one.
If you like to try we can share a screenshot from admob to show the setup and the impressions/clicks each day.
It’s just a test but could be useful :slight_smile:

Let me know!
Gabriele

Stop alarm actually works anywhere, but is only localized to US. And wordsearch is only localized to english for now, but I plan to localize both to more languages soon. And don’t you want users from the US?

1k impressions per day would be ok with me. I’d prefer that you use WordSearch instead of PartyLight because I am currently running house banners in party light for jumpstarting wordsearch heavily right now. Also screenshots can be faked, but I feel I can trust you guys from this forum. If you’d like to give it a try, send me your banner for the house ad to xdebugx at gmail dot com. I will reply with my banner. Thanks! :wink:

Ok,
give me a bit of time to setup the creative and I’ll send to you.
Is the creative 320x50?

Yeah, it should be 320x50 or 640x100 (I believe the 640x100 will get scaled down on smaller devices). If you want to use text you can do text and a tile (tile should be 38x38).

ok,
done.
Did you received my email?

Let me know,
Gabriele

Got your email, sent you one back. Thanks!

ok, everything is done.
We’ll see how it goes next few days :slight_smile:

Gabriele

Will be interesting to see how much our downloads go up :slight_smile:

xDebugx,
Actually I think we can check only number of click but I’m not sure we can see how many of them became downloads.
Anyway we’ll see :slight_smile:

Yes there is no way to tell how many downloads you get directly from the house ads, but you should see a rise in your developer console for downloads in the next week. I hope so anyways :wink:

EDIT: For comparison my downloads for the last week have average 163 a day.

Why don’t you use Google Analytics and track the referrer ? You can track installations this way…

How can you do it with banner?

Could you explain to us?