Nook promotion for kid friendly apps

I got an email today that Barnes and Noble is running a promotion for developers signing up and bringing kid friendly apps to their market. Here is the email I got:

Dear Android Developer,

Millions of Barnes & Noble customers are buying NOOK devices to share content with their families. They want digital content, espeically kid-friendly apps.

If you’re developing apps for kids, appbackr Xchange and NOOK want your app in the NOOK storefront. Bring your apps to NOOK before July 16 to receive the opportunity to be featured on devices, online and in 1,300 Barnes & Noble retail locations as part of BN’s Back-to-School Campaign.

Get started now!
Your apps APK must be submitted by July 16 to be part of the Back-to-School event

Register on NOOK’s developer website for free.
Complete the NOOK App Developer Qualification Form. Enter promo code KIDS-EDU to expedite your registration. In addition to the campaign, you’ll get access to exclusive development and marketing tools from Barnes and Noble, or if you’re already a NOOK App Developer, click here to send an email and apply.
As soon as you receive your vendor account, submit your app’s metadata by July 9.
Once your metadata is approved, submit your APK by July 16. Add “Promo Code KIDS-EDU” in the Endorsements and Awards section to expedite the review.
Your app will receive:
Two weeks of exposure on BN’s curated lists, visible on devices to users shopping for apps (What’s New and Top Picks curated lists) within its first month of release.
Email inclusion in either BN’s weekly Digital Stream email or Monthly Apps email
Your app may also receive visibility via retail signage, curated lists, emails, web banners, and social media.
Be sure to follow NOOK Developer app submission guidelines in order to ensure that your new app is reviewed and approved in a timely manner.

appbackr Xchange is helping Android app developers bring their kids-focused app to the NOOK device. Don’t develop kids-friendly apps? Sign up on appbackr Xchange to benefit from other offers for Android developers.

Good luck with your apps,
appbackr Xchange

I have not focused on the nook before this, but I do have some kids games and am going to take advantage of this. Does anyone who’s worked with nook apps before have any tips on making your apps compatible with Nook?

I received it too. I even have a game for children ready (Memory Owl HD) but they only seem to be accepting developers from USA.

Ah, thats too bad. I just got my account approved today in time to get the meta data in for 2 of my apps before the deadline.

only US? well, I am out xD

I got it too, not sure if its worth it if your kids game brings close to no income on Google Play.

Just a quick info on the registration … you don’t need to be a US resident to apply for the Nook developer program, you only need a US tax no. (ITIN) for which you can apply online at the IRS.

Just went through the whole process.

offtopic

…to be honest I do not want an US tax number … I have enough work with my local tax collector monkeys

… indeed I would prefer punching myself in the face endlessly instead of paying them money (in advance) in exchange for hours of useless work to make thousends of documents ready and carry them to my bank personally (waiting there another couple of time until getting served and deliver another bunch of copies) …

unfortunately, we have no choice xD will buy my own island and call independancy xD I will then allow people to choose between paying taxes or punching themselfs in their face endlessly (and making a TV show out of it) - utopia! xD

end offtopic