Ad network rotation

Hi David,
could you explain how you implemented Ad networks rotation in your Fake iPhone app?
I read that you did a random rotation with a custom exception for Madvertise.
Could you explain it in detail?

Cheers,
megasoft78

I just wrote a function, called displayAd() which operates like this:

• If Madvertise has been set “priority”
    — Display Madvertise ad
  • Else
    — Display random ad
  • If there was an error displaying that ad (failed to fill)
    — Display Inneractive ad

So the first time this function is called, it will display a random ad. It will keep displaying random ads, until eventually it calls Madvertise. Then, one of two things will happen:

• If Madvertise fill succeeded, set Madvertise as “priority”
  • If Madvertise fill failed, set Madvertise as “don’t use again”

And if any ad fails to load, it will revert back to Inneractive. When I wrote this function, Inneractive was the network giving me the highest fill rate. I think now LeadBolt would be a better option, but I have to release an update to change any of the weightings. Which is why I’m looking at other ad mediation platforms (such as MoPub, AdMob and Smaato).

Hi David,
thank you! :slight_smile:
I tried MoPub but I don’t think you can implement a custom logic on how choose Ad network and some Ad networks are not supported by default (like LeadBolt, Madvertise and Inneractive).

megasoft78

That’s true, but MoPub (and any other mediation platforms I’ve looked at) offer a “custom function” option. So you can specify a function it will call to display LeadBolt ads for example. This means all you have to do is integrate the LeadBolt SDK into your app, and write a function which displays its ad. Not a lot of work, and you get all the benefits of server-side management (able to turn any networks on & off as you please).

The custom logic is something I haven’t figured out though. I know MoPub lets you customise based on region & eCPM, but nothing else. I doubt any mediation platforms offer custom logic like what you can write in your own app.

where to buy ios app installs /?