ads for app or html5?

Many networks are providing html5 web banners now and I wonder if that is a better joice instead of using application banners? You wont need any sdk and much better: no extra permissions.

I wonder if it is allowed to integrate mobile site banners into applications?

I integrate website banners into WordHero on the BlackBerry Playbook. This is because it uses the android compatibility layer. NOBODY supports it via their SDK’s. So it looks something like this:

Playbook hardware -> Playbook OS -> Android Compat layer -> WordHero -> Mopub -> Leadbolt web JScript Tag.

Getting it working took a LOT of email and pain. Total earnings are just horrid.

Thanks for the info. I was considering doing sth like that for Playbook, but I’ll pass I think. I hate developing for Blackberry - it doesn’t even support Ubuntu which I use.

I thought some mobile networks already used a WebView to load ads. Looking at the logs for MoPub, it seems their whole ad is loaded using a Javascript wrapper anyway.

As far as I have seen in the networks, they ALL use a WebView, their SDKs just handle things around it.

I was just curious about the difference, especially when integrating new networks into MoPub for example which are not directly supported. Sure, you lose every benefit of the server2server protokoll…

where to buy real android app reviews & installs ?