Unity3d native 2d tools.

Hello. So 2 days ago unity devs released Unity 4.3 with builded in 2d tools. Whats your opinion about this? Would it be better than AndEngine for 2d games? Personally, I like unity for it’s multiplatforming, and also more languages - C#, Javascript, Boo.

It has been released like 2 days actually, that`s what you meant I guess.

Thanks, These two days passed really fast so thats probably why I didn’t notice.

Are you kidding me?!? Unity is industry leading, there’s no alternatives!

Of course there are, but maybe not making life so simple. There is also disadvantage of this - what can we expect now? FLOOD of 2d apps, most of them still with really low quality, and it will affect everyone who is developing 2d games. Soon game development will require drag and drop skills only (they are already close)

Drag and drop engines will never ever replace coding! Btw those drag and dop engines wfor sure take a nice 50% cut

construct2 is one of DnD engine but doesn’t support export to native android. Even if DnD engines find a way to export to native android, I think they will be good for beginners only and will result in more low quality games.

I do understand that, and it was my point in fact, but it does not change the fact, that its going to help flooding all markets even more than now.