Please help me understand my app data...

Hi,

I have released one app on google play, it has been released for about 10 days. In the last few days I have published my app on other app stores (amazon, samsung, opera and slideme). But even after the first few days (when my app was only available on google play) I noticed that the active users from google analytics far exceeds the number of google play installs that I have, and the answer seems to be that people in China are playing my game but aren’t installing from google play.

Data:

On Nov 8, 2013.
Google play data:
Total Downloads: 151
Downloads from China: 0
Downloads from ‘other’: 48

Google Analytics data:
Total ‘sessions’: 713
Sessions from China: 372

New Users: 399
Source = (not set): 336
Source = com.android.vending: 62

So, I dont believe that the 336 (not set) new users are from amazon and samsung app stores (the figures on their websites are single digits) and the app is still being certified on slideme and opera. What’s going on? I’m not disturbed by this because my app is free and I aim to make revenue through ads which are still being served. I’m just confused.

It might be that your application will be scrapped by fraud people and server them through their site after integrating their own advertisements.
eg: Free Android apps & games download | 1mobile.com

An application I know was uploaded only on the google play without any ads in it. Yesterday I found it on 1mobile with few ads.

This is happening to me also - same thing - difference between Analytics and GPlay when it comes to the Chinese Market. I have searched on their app stores but haven’t found my app there. You can also look in Analytics - Acquisition - App Marketplace and you will see where they come from.
I have users coming from baidu, quihoo, xiaomi - but I haven’t published my app there :frowning:

In Google’s developer console under Pricing & Distribution there is a CONSENT section. Have you opted the following out?

“Do not promote my application except in Google Play and in any Google-owned online or mobile properties. I understand that any changes to this preference may take sixty days to take effect.”