Android Kitkat Released

Android Kitkat 4.4 released today. Visit here for more info Android KitKat | Android Developers

Here’s a quick look at some of the new features for developers:

New ways to create beautiful apps — A new full-screen immersive mode lets your app or game use every pixel on the screen to showcase content and capture touch events. A new transitions framework makes it easier to animate the states in your UI. Web content can take advantage of a completely new implementation of WebView built on Chromium.
More useful than ever — A printing framework lets you add the convenience of printing to your apps. A storage access framework makes it easier for users find documents, photos, and other data across their local and cloud-based storage services. You can integrate your app or storage service with the framework to give users instant access to their data.
Low-power sensors — New hardware-integrated sensors let you add great new features to your apps without draining the battery. Included are a step detector and step counter that let you efficiently track of the number of walking steps, even when the screen is off.
New media capabilities — A new screen recorder lets you capture high-quality video of your app directly from your Android device. It’s a great new way to create walkthroughs, tutorials, marketing videos, and more. Apps can use adaptive playback to offer a significantly better streaming video experience.
RenderScript in the NDK — A new C++ API in the Android Native Development Kit (NDK) lets you use RenderScript from your native code, with access to script intrinsics, custom kernels, and more.
Improved accessibility support — New system-wide captioning settings let your apps present closed captions in the style that’s preferred by the user.

There are lot of new features for developers. I will update the post after reading everything.
(Apart from these Nexus 5, Google Play Services 4.0 are also released)

Nice, I was gonna record a video tomorrow using hacks/crappy tools, great to see that it should be easier to do it now.

The recording thing sounds like the only useful thing in this.

Yes, Recording thing sounds most useful thing here. Definitely it will help lot of, almost all, developers. But do not forget there are are other features too in this version.

It was grea that sometimes ago a nnew android version Android Kitkat had released. I’m using kitkat for quite sometime now and has downloaded lakhs of applications on my device.

Another useful thing: immersive mode. We can turn it on for our apps and it will finally get rid of the bottom bar!

I know this is device-specific, but does anyone have a guess as to when KitKat will be released on Nexus 4 devices? I thought Google releases updates for Nexus devices same-day as they come out.

Google says in the coming weeks, normally it can take up to 2 weeks to reach your device…

Official blog says,

We’ll also be rolling out the Android 4.4 update worldwide in the next few weeks to all Nexus 4, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10 devices, as well as the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Edition devices.

4.4 is good not only from the recording pov but also solves fragmentation problems, more often than not , its difficult to support ICS and Gingerbread because of lack of useful api’s , with kitkat , i think fragmentation problem shouldnt be existant after 5-6 months(die gingerbread!)

Yeah, thats why we should start developing for post-ics platform… Honeycomb is vanished, thanks to ICS… Gingerbread will vanish too, thanks to Kitkat…

New media capabilities — A new screen recorder lets you capture high-quality video of your app directly from your Android device. It’s a great new way to create walkthroughs, tutorials, marketing videos, and more. Apps can use adaptive playback to offer a significantly better streaming video experience.
I like this one!

I think Kitkat has more features than we know. Read the post here http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/android-development/3293-google-debuts-art-kitkat-aims-change-android.html