Beta Testers Needed!

Hey guys

Im approaching the release of my next game, and I need some beta testers.

I need people to really play the game and give me feedback, mainly on the balancing part of the game, that is, play the game for around 1h and then tell me what was too easy, what was too hard, problems encountered, suggestions, etc. But of course any feedback is very valuable, not only balancing (typos, grammar, font size, graphical glitches, issues on your device, etc).

The game is a manager (or “Tycoon”) style game, in the line of Kairosoft games (Game Dev Story, etc), so its much deeper than 99% of the games out there. I know it’s not a genre everybody likes, thats why Im telling it upfront :slight_smile: .

Im still on some final tweaks before releasing the Beta. I am using TestFlight to distribute the client, so it supposedly helps a lot on the testing process (never used it before).

If you are interested, please post here and I will PM you with the invite link. Note that you will have to signup on TestFlight (which is basically your name + email address), so that you can receive notifications from them when I upload a new version of the game. I think that if you install their app it will download automatically my game when I release a new version, but you dont need to use their app if you dont want. They will notify you via email with a link to download the APK.

Thanks a lot!!

Damit… htf did you get “top developer” ?!?

lol, no, I wish… that game I linked is a very famous game from Kairosoft (with 500k sales at $2.50 - $4.00)… my game is on that same genre :slight_smile:

I can help you and test the game during the weekend :wink:
But why are you releasing the game tomorrow if you still need to do some balancing? anyway, sent me a PM :wink:

No, I will release the beta client tomorrow (today) through TestFlight. The game itself I plan to release in 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Hey guys.

I’ve updated the page I have with some screenshots, game info, info about the Beta (including the link to sign up), and a Developer Journal with some entries I wrote while making the game:

Big Boss TV - Simulation - Indie Project - Project - GameDev.net

Also, I have put the APK outside of TestFlight, so if anyone wants to test but dont want to sign up to TestFlight just PM me and I’ll send you the link to download it.

Since it’s a complex game I really need some input, especially on the balancing part of the game and which elements to put on the Tutorial.

Thanks again.

Hey again!

After some requests I have migrated the Beta to Google Play itself, so it will automatically download and update the game automatically without having to sign up to any service or download manually the APK.

To join the Beta just join the G+ community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112776106661612599932

Then click on the Beta Opt In link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co.rottz.bigbosstv

Then you will be able to visit its Google Play page normally ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.rottz.bigbosstv ) and download the app directly to your device.

Thanks again!