Sudden drop in pageviews or income or request

Hello All,
Sorry if this is wrong place to ask this question.
My app was getting around 40K page views per day (As show in Adsense) two days back, but it suddenly gone down to 20K and I think it will go down further.
I checked the rank of my app it is still same (Searched with same keyword).
Any idea why this could be?
Regards
kgusain

Rankings of an app are different for different countries. Maybe your rankings in a country dropped.

I have noticed significant drop ~40% in new downloads from the beginning of this month. How about the rest of you guys?
Anyone knows what’s happening, any ideas?

Same here, MOST of my apps dropped by 50% in downloads since November 4th. No idea why…
Are we the only ones experiencing this?

The same date here, 4th of November… 40-50% it’s a LOT

“Any idea why this could be?” Are you kidding me?

1st November: 241 Views
2nd November: 328 Views
3rd November: 356 Views
4th November: 186 Views THATS HALF
5th November: 128 Views
6th November and onward I have been lucky to break 30 views.
Whatever they did absolutely killed that app they may as well have suspended it I’ve tried unpublishing and republishing, another app of mine did the same thing, I’ve tried uploading a different package name for that app and releasing it as a new app still getting nothing. Going to try a few more ideas now over the next few days on some completely different apps but if this carries on I may have to quit :confused:

You guys are not alone. I have seen many apps including mine suddenly starting to fall a lot from 4th-Nov. I have even some good apps falling down fast. Looks like they are giving more weightage to g+ or downloads…but its not good for new games.

Looking at AppBrain stats (for example) - which show new downloads and DAU - I have also seen a very obvious decline. Downloads usually have a weekly cyclic pattern - however both my apps were showing a steady rise in downloads (and DAU) until Nov 3 i.e. each new week’s numbers were BETTER than the week before. Starting Nov 4, one can clearly see a prominent SHORTFALL (compared to the same day the week before) - and that was the beginning of the downtrend for both apps.

So clearly something happened starting Nov 4 or thereabouts.

The apps have the same keyword placement for some of the keywords I watch. The rankings (as reported by appannie.com) DO vary all over the place from day to day - so I don’t know if these are having impact (for example you may be happy that the app is rising in U.K. - but U.S. market is 5x bigger and falls there may swamp any improvement from U.K. rise).

I was also inclined to wonder if it is seasonal (if everyone is seeing the same) ? Otherwise it may be some algorithm change which is starting to highlight new apps vs. old apps or some such thing.

However, Admob revenue (off banner + interstitial) are stable (oddly enough).

Obviously this effect will NOT be as visible for steadily rising (or top of the charts apps) - since the growth curve may swamp any declines from the google algorithm change.

It is suspiciously almost exactly around the same time they did the whole youtube comments thing, I wonder if it is pushing google+1’d stuff towards the top.

I’m going to do a +1 test on a few apps will report back.

+1 for that. Downloads fall from 4th of nov. But thats not all. Downloads / installs do not match number of installs tracked by my self (regarding referre). Diff is Actually big. ~10x

So… bottom line is that nobody knows what happened, the traffic just went down before the holiday season for no apparent reason…

Durring Friday, Saturday, Sunday, my ecpm raised by 105% on avarage, and today decreased by 70%, all that is just weird.

My ad traffic also dropped significantly (~50%) in the past few days, but climbing back up slowly. The weird thing is, the decline is consistent in Admob, Millennial Media, Mobfox, and Amazon. I’m using MoPub mediation, so that’s the only explanation, that there’s something wrong on their end. In Flurry, the number of user sessions is pretty much the same. Weird.

EDIT: There may be an explanation for my case, two factors coming together. (1) MoPub is updating their systems, and warning users that reports may be off, exactly for the time frame I’m seeing this drop. (2) I activated MoPub Marketplace, which is taking traffic away from my other ad networks, that’s why I’m seeing the drop there. Interestingly, the eCPM I’m seeing for the MoPub Marketplace are really good, about $1 eCPM for banners, more for interstitials. Looks like King is buying a lot of inventory at good prices.

Same here. Mine are dropping every day. My apps are all educational and have been consistently high ranking for the last year or so. They are all free. I have now stopped making them even though i am half way through the course!
Has anyone contacted Google or can anyone offer an explanation?
Please please!
:mad:

+1 Did not really do much, can I ask people how often they are releasing apps on there accounts? The apps that are released is there already a few like them? Have they already released similar apps and are they using a similar description. Any info in general you are happy to give about the app.

Hi mates!

I have te same situation. I think that G+ has nothing in common… I noticed that before you might have typed phrase followed by two words and it was searching both keywords but now it shows applications which have at least one of the keywords, so competition grows! What is more, before you might have packed as many words as you could into title and it raised your position in ranking. But now it searches more accurate applications, so for phrase “Doll”, the application “Doll” is higher than “Pretty Doll”. Do you agree with it?

i propose that we all contact google for an explanation. if we have 10-15 emails going that will raise enough of a concern for them to take a look or at least respond to one of us…

As far as I remember there was a lot of new Google’s product updates lately (including Google Play Store). Just a wild guess, maybe mistakenly they’ve introduced some sort of a bug? I remember Google+ crashing on me constantly after one of the latest update… to the point I had to take out the battery from the phone - complete freeze of the OS

At the other hand it takes too long to actually think of this whole situation as a bug, as I’m quite sure this kind of an issue would’ve got decent priority…