Android app suspended, will account be banned ?

My android app have been suspended from Google play about a month ago. From reading this forum I have noticed that people are reporting that their accounts are being banned shortly after suspension of any of their apps. I was thinking maybe I should register another account but from what I have read, Google will track you down in most of the cases.
So, has anybody got their apps suspended and didn’t get their account banned ? Or is it just matter of time and they will block you eventually(even if you won’t violate anything after your first suspension) ?

if you want new developer account. you need to surrender your identity.

1. Format and reinstall os on your m/c
  2. Forget old google account. Don’t ever use it again
  3. Register new google account with new credit card and new mobile number.

Or

Try those resellers for new dev. accounts

got one of my apps suspended last april, my account still works for all my other apps and I haven’t been banned…

On one of my accounts I’ve had 12 apps banned. The last one happened 3 months ago. I still have my account. Someone at Google likes me.

In most cases Google will ban the account with the 4th app suspension

Da fuck??? I have accounts that have 1 app and get terminated when that 1 app gets suspended, and the app is a legit app like a photo effects app or something that people actually like and google will just ban the entire account…and I’ve tried a billion different account suppliers…I think google just hates me because i’m an affiliate marketer too

Fuck you google - But thanks for the millions your going to earn me…I guess eye for an eye eh

Maybe it’s because they know you are a “public figure” in that you have a blog that is read by other developers - which may give you some clout or alternatively some street cred in that they know who you are.

BTW, did you feel Google was in the right in banning the apps i.e. you could identify what the seeming violation was (or did you anticipate being banned ?).

How does your being affiliate marketer become noticed by Google ? From use of their mediation/Admob House Ads ?

What is your view on use of Amazon Associates type stuff in an android app - selling real physical goods is permitted in new Google Guidelines - but it gets close to the edge if you start to sell your own paid apps that are on Amazon App Store (for example if you cannot sell paid apps on Google yet).

maybe it’s because u guys buy accounts from suppliers that are not trusted in the first place? If any of suppliers accounts were banned before and they keep on registering new ones from same ip with similar credit card details… I am pretty sure they will all get banned eventually!

I foresaw it coming, but I feel I could fight most bans in my case with the fair use portion of US copyright law- in court.

Google might know who I am, but I tried really hard to hide my developer aliases behind my forum name here and my website. I highly doubt they know ‘who I am’, but I can’t really explain why I still have my account with 12 bans on it (+ warnings). I have competitors that have ONE thing changed in their apps and they still have theirs. So maybe it’s because Google found the DMCAs a bit over the top for what some of my banned apps were.

Do you feel Google is quite reasonable regarding fair use for example for a parody app which features a likeness nof a copyrighted character etc. ?

No, not at all.

Two of my apps were banned weeks ago and my account is still there . I don’t think they are going to ban you unless you continue to violate something not allowed by google.

If your app is just inside of fair use and got suspended then google will not ban your account. I have had two app suspensions due to that. After a few months and loads of emails i got one back but the other is too close to the line. They will always error on the side of caution because if they don’t they open themselves up to the liability.

What of apps which are parodying a copyrighted character - and using no original material except for perhaps a likeness of the character ? That would be fair use under right to parody - without excessive use of original content and transformative in nature (i.e. parody version).